Welcome the Fall 2018 Embedded Linux Class to this group

Mark A. Yoder

Aug 27, 2018, 8:28:04 AM8/27/18
to BeagleBoard
The purpose of this posting is to announce that I'm once again teaching
an Embedded Linux class based on the BeagleBone[1]. This time I'm using
the  Green Wireless.
I'm teaching as open-source as I can and have have posted many of course
materials on eLinux.org [2] and github[3].

I'm always open to ideas on what topics to include in the class and
suggestions for interesting course projects.  For example we are starting
Python this week and hope to be writing simple kernel module 5 weeks from
now.  That will be followed by a week of PRU programming.

Class, please respond to this posting.  Others, please welcome my class.

--Mark

--Prof. Mark A. Yoder
  Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology [4]

[1] http://elinux.org/Embedded_Linux,_Rose-Hulman
[2] http://elinux.org/index.php?title=Category:ECE497

Ganji Aravind

Aug 27, 2018, 8:40:47 AM8/27/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Very glad to hear.

Cheers
Aravind.

Howl...@rose-hulman.edu

Aug 30, 2018, 10:13:00 PM8/30/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi Dr. Yoder,
I am looking forward to this quarter and seeing what we can do with the BeagleBone!

--Matt Howlett

devona...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2018, 7:04:25 AM8/31/18
to BeagleBoard
Dr. Yoder!

This is Devon Adair looking forward to learning about the Beagle Board this quarter!

Thanks,

Devon

Trey Lewis

Sep 5, 2018, 12:21:37 PM9/5/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi this is Trey,

Looking forward to this Embedded Linux class.

Fred Kerr

Sep 6, 2018, 10:27:00 AM9/6/18
to BeagleBoard
Hello - please pardon my ignorance, I hadn't heard about this class before. Could you post some introductory context?

Is it possible to join the class, is it remote or F2F?

Thanks,
Fred

Fred Kerr

Sep 6, 2018, 10:33:45 AM9/6/18
to BeagleBoard
And I should have read the links that were right there, first. Think before posting before coffee. Sorry!