BBGW and Wificonfig

Paulo Sherring

Aug 25, 2019, 10:07:58 AM8/25/19
to BeagleBoard
Hey there! Just got my first wireless BB device.
I was really amazed by its wificonfig embedded project. However, I noticed that on newer builds, wificonfig was not present. I was just going to set it up, but, I figured it could have been removed for some real reason.
So, I ask you guys: can anybody tell me why was wificonfig removed from newer build images? Or maybe some good reason not to have it?
Best regards.
Paulo Sherring.

Chad Baker

Aug 26, 2019, 9:29:26 AM8/26/19
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Have you tried the connmanctl utility?

Run "sudo connmanctl", enter "agent on", enter "tether wifi off", enter "enable wifi", enter "scan wifi" and wait for message "Scan completed for wifi", enter "services", select the service to be connected to and enter "connect" followed by the service (probably wifi_MACAddress_yadayadayada_managed_key), a message should be printed indicating that the connection has been established, enter "quit".

Regards,
Chad

Paulo Sherring

Aug 26, 2019, 10:30:08 AM8/26/19
to BeagleBoard
Hey, thanks for your input! I managed to get it over CLI, however, wifconfig was something that really got my attention. It seemed functional, beautiful and totally geared toward end user, which is something I am looking for, as I intend to make an end-user targeted product.

Best regards.
Paulo Sherring.