vm.swappiness for BBB

Luther Goh Lu Feng

Oct 6, 2018, 9:38:47 AM10/6/18
to Beagle Board
Is it appropriate to set vm.swappiness=0 for my BBB running on Debian on the microSD, since the OS doesnt have swap?

--Luther

Luther Goh Lu Feng

Oct 6, 2018, 10:32:24 PM10/6/18
to BeagleBoard

Seems like for a system with no swap, setting vm.swappiness has no effect according to this SO post: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/266501/vm-swappines-parameter-influence-on-system-without-swap-partition