OpenGL support for Beaglebone Black

sajeevan k

Aug 3, 2017, 12:49:45 AM8/3/17
to BeagleBoard

Hi all,

I have been using Linaro Tool chain and sysroot for cross compiling and building my Qt applications for Beaglebone Black Rev C with debian image

Cross Compile Tool chain used - gcc-linaro-4.9.4-2017.01-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf
Sysroot used - sysroot-eglibc-linaro-2017.01-arm-linux-gnueabihf.

Does this arrangement support OpenGL?

Is there any sysroot available for Beaglebone Black with installed OpenGL ES packages ?

Thanks & Regards,
Sajeevan.K

sajeevan k

Aug 7, 2017, 12:21:34 AM8/7/17
to BeagleBoard
Hi all,

Please provide help on using OpenGL with Beaglebone Black.

Thanks & Regards,
Sajeevan.K

Przemek Klosowski

Aug 8, 2017, 9:27:41 AM8/8/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 12:21 AM, sajeevan k <saje...@laxven.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Please provide help on using OpenGL with Beaglebone Black.

OpenGL has both hardware-supported and software implementations. If you're planning to do something ambitious with your graphics, you need the hardware drivers, which are proprietary and a little tricky (depend on particular kernel version, etc). What are you trying to accomplish, what did you try so far and what was the result of your attempts?

Thanks & Regards,
Sajeevan.K

On Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 10:19:45 AM UTC+5:30, sajeevan k wrote:

Hi all,

I have been using Linaro Tool chain and sysroot for cross compiling and building my Qt applications for Beaglebone Black Rev C with debian image

Cross Compile Tool chain used - gcc-linaro-4.9.4-2017.01-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf
Sysroot used - sysroot-eglibc-linaro-2017.01-arm-linux-gnueabihf.

Does this arrangement support OpenGL?

Is there any sysroot available for Beaglebone Black with installed OpenGL ES packages ?

Thanks & Regards,
Sajeevan.K

sajeevan k

Aug 11, 2017, 12:40:42 AM8/11/17
to BeagleBoard
Hi Przemek Klosowski,

I would like to implement some 2d graphics with a small amount of animation.
I have already done it in my Ubuntu Host system.

But when I am building it for BBB in Qt Creator it is showing the following messages

10:04:40: Running steps for project qt3d_test_03...

10:04:40: Starting: "/opt/sysroot-eglibc-linaro-2017.01-arm-linux-gnueabihf/home/sajeevank/QtForBBB/bin/qmake" /home/sajeevank/qt-ws/qt3d_test_03/qt3d_test_03.pro -r -spec devices/linux-beagleboard-g++ CONFIG+=debug

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: opengl

10:04:40: The process "/opt/sysroot-eglibc-linaro-2017.01-arm-linux-gnueabihf/home/sajeevank/QtForBBB/bin/qmake" exited with code 3.

Error while building/deploying project qt3d_test_03 (kit: BBB)

When executing step "qmake"

10:04:40: Elapsed time: 00:00.

My .pro file is as shown below

T += core gui opengl

greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT += widgets

TARGET = qt3d_test_02
TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp\
mainwindow.cpp \
glwidget.cpp

HEADERS += mainwindow.h \
glwidget.h

FORMS += mainwindow.ui

LIBS += -lglut -lGLU

target.path += /home/debian
INSTALLS += target

Please suggest the work around to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Sajeevan.K