USB-Ethernet Adapter Test

João Venâncio Abreu Santos Filho

Apr 11, 2018, 1:57:35 PM4/11/18
to BeagleBoard
I would like to test a concept with the Beaglebone Black configured with the PREEMPT-RT patch.

An application would use the native Ethernet port and an USB-Ethernet adapter to roundtrip transactions in an Ethernet based protocol. My goal is to develop ou use a test application to imply the perfomance of the USB adapter on UDP and/or TCP cyclic packet transfer, executing a cyclictest at the same time. I'm not sure about the best tools and layouts to perform this test.

Do you have any idea of the best tools or reference a article/book to perform embedded linux Ethernet tests. Could you reccomend any a specific tool?