create sd card to flash eMMC and affect /etc/fstab

Troy Weber

Mar 6, 2018, 4:42:04 PM3/6/18
to BeagleBoard
I have a project running on eMMC with a custom entry in the /etc/fstab (intended to mount a blank SD card on boot).

So I use the /opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/beaglebone-black-make-microSD-flasher-from-eMMC.sh script to create an sd flasher. Then I turn around and flash the eMMC with it, ssh login, and find that /etc/fstab no longer has my custom entry in it.

How can I resolve this? Or do I just have to flash every card and ssh in to add that custom fstab entry for every eMMC I flash?

Robert Nelson

Mar 6, 2018, 4:46:01 PM3/6/18
to Beagle Board, troyw...@gmail.com
'today' add your custom entries right after this line:

echo "debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs defaults 0 0" >>
${tmp_rootfs_dir}/etc/fstab

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/boot-scripts/blob/master/tools/eMMC/functions.sh#L972

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/