BeagleBoard-X15 Temperature range

Andy_P

Aug 10, 2018, 4:10:18 AM8/10/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi,

I did quite some research now, but unfortunatelly I am unable to find environmeltal specifications for the BeagleBoard-X15, especially on operating temperature.
After several hours of googling I am still stuck with the only information being the minimum and maximum operating temperature of the SoC itself. However, this does not say anything about the temperature range of the other components on the board.

Can anyone help me with that?

Cheers,
Andy

Gerald Coley

Aug 10, 2018, 7:39:41 AM8/10/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

0 to 90 degress C

Andy_P

Aug 10, 2018, 8:34:20 AM8/10/18
to BeagleBoard
Thank you for your answer! May I ask where do those values come from?

That is the same range that TI gives as junction temperature for the SoC, but is there some kind of document where this is specified for the whole board or did someone do tests with it?

Gerald Coley

Aug 10, 2018, 9:25:56 AM8/10/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

They come from the way I designed it. This was what we used to select the components used on the board. At the time, there were no extended temperature AM5728 processors. So, we designed the board to meet that temperature range. This is the ambient temperature. Depending on what you are using in the processor and how fast you are running it, it will tend to generate heat, so you also need to factor in being able to take that heat off the processor.

Gerald

Aug 13, 2018, 9:37:48 AM8/13/18
to BeagleBoard
Okay, thanks a lot for your quick and helpful answer :)