which bone kernel to use with the latest Beaglebone debian release (from beaglebone.org)

Dani Sch

Oct 16, 2016, 6:41:24 PM10/16/16
to BeagleBoard
I'm trying to figure out which bone kernel (not ti kernel) will work with the latest Debian release from beaglebone.org (8.4). I installed the latest bone kernel, 4.8.1-bone1, but it kills the wifi. I'm on a BBGW.

Thanks!

Dani Sch

Oct 16, 2016, 6:58:06 PM10/16/16
to BeagleBoard
So, I just tried this kernel at random, and it seems to be working so far: 4.4.9-bone10. So problem solved for now.

Jason Kridner

Oct 18, 2016, 8:32:37 PM10/18/16
to BeagleBoard
I recommend the 4.4.X-ti branch for now. 4.4.X-bone is usually petty good too. Newer kernels might be more for experts.