PocketBeagle doesn't boot

Loader

Feb 22, 2018, 9:24:46 AM2/22/18
to BeagleBoard
Hello all,

I've been experimenting a bit with a working PocketBeagle. After possibly modifying uEnv.txt and executing shutdown -r now in the Cloud9 IDE terminal window, the board didn't restart successfully and stopped appearing as the storage device.

After that I cleaned the SD card with diskpart and flashed the image anew with Etcher (the image used is bone-debian-9.3-iot-armhf-2018-01-28-4gb.img.xz, but later I've also tested bone-debian-9.3-console-armhf-2018-02-18-1gb.img.xz). The image does appear on the SD card as a Debian file system, so I believe it's correctly flashed.

The board with the newly flashed SD-card doesn't appear neither as a storage device, nor even in the Device Manager, as if there's nothing connected. Only the power LED is on and the board keeps heating. When the board is connected to the PC without an SD-card, Device Manager and USBlyzer do recognize it as AM335x USB.

How can I restore the board? Is there a way to test whether it's still a working board?
Thanks

evilwulfie

Feb 22, 2018, 9:54:17 AM2/22/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
try a new image on a new sd card.
if that dont fix it its a tough diagnosis over the internet