Stretch console image

Luther Goh Lu Feng

Jun 20, 2017, 2:14:35 PM6/20/17
to BeagleBoard
I was looking for the Stretch bone debian console image but did not find it[1]. Though there seems to be other stretch images available[2]. Is there any specific reason why a Stretch console image isnt made available? Thanks.

--Luther

[1] http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#2017-06-18_-_Debian_9_.28Stretch.29
[2] https://rcn-ee.com/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2017-06-18/

Robert Nelson

Jun 20, 2017, 2:20:59 PM6/20/17
to Beagle Board
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 1:14 PM, 'Luther Goh Lu Feng' via BeagleBoard
<beagl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> I was looking for the Stretch bone debian console image but did not find it[1]. Though there seems to be other stretch images available[2]. Is there any specific reason why a Stretch console image isnt made available? Thanks.

I just haven't done it yet. Still testing to make sure we didn't drop
anything in the current Jessie -> Stretch transition of the IOT/LXQT
images.

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Luther Goh Lu Feng

Jun 20, 2017, 10:55:13 PM6/20/17
to BeagleBoard
That's interesting. I was always under the impression that the console image was used as a base for the other images.  Any rough rough forecast that I wont be holding you to for the release of the console image?

--Luther

Robert Nelson

Jun 22, 2017, 12:24:38 PM6/22/17
to Beagle Board
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 9:55 PM, 'Luther Goh Lu Feng' via BeagleBoard
<beagl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> That's interesting. I was always under the impression that the console image
> was used as a base for the other images. Any rough rough forecast that I
> wont be holding you to for the release of the console image?

Actually for stretch, the wayland image was first. As i'd be trying
to get sgx working with stretch..

But, the console image is now lightly tested and added to the queue,
you'll see it in the weekly builds this sunday..

Luther Goh Lu Feng

Jul 18, 2017, 3:21:44 AM7/18/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
May I know if Stretch console image is considered sufficiently stable for use since it is now listed[1]? Thanks

Robert Nelson

Jul 18, 2017, 10:03:45 AM7/18/17
to Beagle Board
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 2:21 AM, 'Luther Goh Lu Feng' via BeagleBoard
<beagl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> May I know if Stretch console image is considered sufficiently stable for
> use since it is now listed[1]? Thanks
>
> [1]
> http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Stretch_Snapshot_console

it's listed, therefor stable. ;)