[BBB] Can't boot with 'CCC..." message wthen connecting MCP2515 via SPI

Hee-cheol Yang

Aug 5, 2017, 5:43:55 AM8/5/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Hello, I am writing this mail to get some advices for my problem I am suffering from.

I am currently testing my MCP2515 CAN module to test CAN communication via Beaglebone black.

However, when I connected MCP 2515 via SPI and powered ON, the UART consol just prints ‘CCCCCCC..” repeatly.

I know that this message prints when the BBB couldn’t find proper bootable image. However, the booting is done successfully when I disconnect the MCP2515.

That is, it seems that the SPI devices are conflicting with EMMC or uSD.

I tested booting with these combinations:

EMMC booting – SPI0 (boot fail)

EMMC booting – SPI1 (boot fail).

uSD booting – SPI0 (boot fail)

uSD booting – Spi1 (boot fail)

Please give me some advices to solve my problems..

Best regards.

Heecheol, Yang

Graham

Aug 5, 2017, 9:20:03 AM8/5/17
to BeagleBoard, heeche...@outlook.com
You have apparently used one or more pins that conflict with the boot configuration pins on the BBB, or the eMMC.

Read the "BeagleBone Black System Reference Manual" (Version C.1), pages 62, 63, 68, 82, 106, 107.

==

Hee-cheol Yang

Aug 5, 2017, 8:39:47 PM8/5/17
to Graham, BeagleBoard
You're right. I connected bcc and find for mcp2515 in reverse. After I corrected the connection, (fortunately) booting works well.

Thanks a lot

Heecheol Yang.