Why Chromium is default web browser?

not you

Aug 31, 2018, 10:32:15 AM8/31/18
to BeagleBoard
I cannot get the default Chromium browser to run on Debian 9.2 or 9.5.  I have better luck using NetSurf.  Why is Chromium the default web browser for BBB?

Robert Nelson

Aug 31, 2018, 11:14:06 AM8/31/18
to Beagle Board, not you
On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 9:32 AM not you <nguyen....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot get the default Chromium browser to run on Debian 9.2 or 9.5. I have better luck using NetSurf. Why is Chromium the default web browser for BBB?

Does NetSurf support javascript?

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

not you

Aug 31, 2018, 10:51:32 PM8/31/18
to BeagleBoard
NetSurf does not fully support JavaScript at this moment.  The reason I ask is because I have no luck turning on Chromium.  I wonder if this only happens to me.

Andy Laberge

Sep 1, 2018, 10:38:36 AM9/1/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On my X15 kernel 4.14.... image Chromium worked on initial install....after apt update and apt upgrade Chromium failed..
Am running on 32GB SD ...I believe my eMMC has a working Chromium
Am using FireFox for browser