Sonifying Processing: The Beads Tutorial by Evan X. Merz

Jean-François Hicter

Feb 29, 2020, 10:20:28 AM2/29/20
to beadsproject
Hey all!
Does anyone of you have this sort of a bible in PDF format?
Pretty annoyed by the amount of weird websites which sell this PDF!
Thank you for your time & attention!
Jean-François

Evan Merz

Feb 29, 2020, 10:58:14 AM2/29/20
to beadsproject
Here you go! Thanks for you interest!

-Evan

Sonifying_Processing_The_Beads_Tutorial.pdf

Jean-François Hicter

Feb 29, 2020, 11:06:29 AM2/29/20
to beadsproject
Hallelujah!
This is a good day!
Thank you so much, Evan, to share your precious work!
Greetings from France!
Jean-François

Robert Bremel

Feb 29, 2020, 11:46:47 AM2/29/20
to beadsp...@googlegroups.com

Is it possible to Dockerize the beads project?  I use Docker containers a lot in bioinformatics.   Biocontainers are an extraordinarily useful community activity.   It isn’t obvious to me whether Docker containers can connect to sound generating hardware, however.

Ollie Bown

Mar 1, 2020, 6:07:16 PM3/1/20
to beadsp...@googlegroups.com
Answers to this welcome. I don’t know.

Evan Merz

Mar 1, 2020, 6:12:57 PM3/1/20
to beadsp...@googlegroups.com
It's absolutely possible to containerize beads like any other java library.

But why would you?

I guess maybe if you want to have something that's easy to deploy for a sound art installation?

It's an unusual case, but any tutorial on building java containers should show you how.

-Evan

Neil C Smith

Mar 2, 2020, 5:12:30 AM3/2/20
to beadsp...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 1 Mar 2020 at 23:07, Ollie Bown <ol...@icarus.nu> wrote:
> Answers to this welcome. I don’t know.

Not sure on the hardware front, but Jack with netjack might be an
option here? Seen a few references to doing that in the past.

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist & Technologist

PraxisLIVE - hybrid visual live programming
for creatives, for programmers, for students, for tinkerers
www.praxislive.org