state models as controller in eplus example

Cahyo Adisaputro

Jun 15, 2020, 6:39:05 PM6/15/20
to bcvtb
Dear all group members

I am wondering if someone would explain to me how the actor shadingController which found in BCVTB example eplus-actuator works.
For example :
1. how the transition history works ( the one with "H" in at the tip) ? what is the difference between normal transition ?
2. and what is shared parameter ("y : 6) ?

Later, I will work with radiance and eplus to control CFS object based on illuminance from radiance simulation and cooling load from eplus, so I think this will help me to create the logic function in BCVTB.

Thanks in advance for reading my questions.

Best regards,
Cahyo Adisaputro

Screenshot from 2020-06-16 00-28-02.png

Michael Wetter

Jun 16, 2020, 5:51:20 PM6/16/20
to bc...@googlegroups.com
Cahyo

For finite state machines, please see chapter 6 in the Ptolemy II book which you can download at https://ptolemy.berkeley.edu/books/Systems/index.htm

y=6 is the control signal in EnergyPlus to close the shade.

Best,

Michael