FrameMaker: Still alive and well and powering the BBEdit User Manual

F. Alfredo Rego

Aug 13, 2019, 8:08:48 PM8/13/19
to BBEdit Talk
This might be totally off-topic but, given that FrameMaker powers the BBEdit User Manual, I thought I would take a chance for a couple of quick questions, whose answers can certainly be offline.

As an early adopter of FrameMaker (and Quadralay’s WebWorks Publisher) before FrameMaker fell into Adobe’s hands and disappeared from the Mac (causing great sorrow worldwide), I was most pleasantly surprised today when I happened to notice this:

I can almost see the heel marks on the floor in BBEdit’s office as they were dragged into Windows to be able to continue using FrameMaker ;-)

I have tried several other “solutions” for publishing but, as far as I can tell, nothing comes even closer to the simplicity and power of FM to produce and publish complex documents.

Any other fellow BBEdit users out there in the world using FrameMaker under Windows?

I would appreciate learning about the pros and cons of using FrameMaker under Windows.

Is FM under Windows still a vibrant and wise choice for publishing?

Thanks.

Alfredo

Patrick Woolsey

Aug 14, 2019, 10:14:31 AM8/14/19
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
On 8/13/19 at 8:08 PM, F.Alfr...@gmail.com (F. Alfredo Rego) wrote:

>This might be totally off-topic [...]

Sorry but it is indeed :-) so I request that anyone interested
please take this post to private discussion.

Regards,

Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc. <http://www.barebones.com>