favicon issues

MJ BLUE

Sep 10, 2019, 10:32:18 AM9/10/19
to BBEdit Talk
Hi,
I updated my VERY OLD favicon by using https://realfavicongenerator.net/.

My code is:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="apple-touch-icon.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="favicon-32x32.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="favicon-16x16.png">
<link rel="manifest" href="site.webmanifest">
<link rel="mask-icon" href="safari-pinned-tab.svg" color="#5bbad5">

Of course I'm getting errors in BBEdit. Darn. I don't want to have to ignore them. Any suggestions on a workaround? The errors are:

~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:15: Value of attribute “rel” for element “<link>” may be invalid; expected to see one of {“acquaintance, alternate, appendix, archives, author, canonical, chapter, child, co-resident, co-worker, colleague, contact, contents, copyright, crush, date, first, friend, glossary, help, home, icon, index, kin, last, license, me, met, muse, neighbor, next, parent, pingback, prefetch, prev, previous, search, section, sibling, sidebar, spouse, start, stylesheet, subsection, sweetheart, tag, toc, transformation, up, apple-*”}.
~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:16: Value of attribute “rel” for element “<link>” may be invalid; expected to see one of {“acquaintance, alternate, appendix, archives, author, canonical, chapter, child, co-resident, co-worker, colleague, contact, contents, copyright, crush, date, first, friend, glossary, help, home, icon, index, kin, last, license, me, met, muse, neighbor, next, parent, pingback, prefetch, prev, previous, search, section, sibling, sidebar, spouse, start, stylesheet, subsection, sweetheart, tag, toc, transformation, up, apple-*”}.
~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:16: Document type doesn't permit attribute “color” within element “<link>”.
~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:17: Value of attribute “name” for element “<meta>” may be invalid; expected to see one of {“application-name, author, description, generator, keywords, robots, viewport, apple-*”}.
~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:18: Value of attribute “name” for element “<meta>” may be invalid; expected to see one of {“application-name, author, description, generator, keywords, robots, viewport, apple-*”}.

Thanks,
Cindy
Message has been deleted

Greg Raven

Sep 11, 2019, 8:43:48 AM9/11/19
to BBEdit Talk
 <!-- #bbpragma ignore_errors="on" -->
 ignored markup
 <!-- #bbpragma ignore_errors="off" -->

MJ BLUE

Sep 11, 2019, 11:33:25 AM9/11/19
to BBEdit Talk
Greg,
Thank you! This is great.

Of course I still get a warning:

Warning: File mjforum.html:12:
  Warnings and errors were suppressed due to #bbpragma ignore.

I thought there was a way when checking syntax, you could turn off warnings and only have the errors show. I know you can turn it off each time by unchecking the warning checkbox but I can't find anything in the manual or prefs. Maybe this was an option in previous versions.

Thanks,
Cindy