BBEdit 14.0.1 – Scroll Text Up Past Bottom of Window

Christopher Stone

Aug 1, 2021, 6:47:14 PM8/1/21
to BBEdit-Talk
Hey Folks,

BBEdit 12.x allowed the user to scroll text up past the bottom of the window, so you could conveniently position the cursor in your comfort zone without having to add blank lines to the end of your text.

I'm looking in the prefs and expert prefs and can't find the setting.

TIA.

--
Best Regards,
Chris

Message has been deleted

Christopher Waterman

Aug 1, 2021, 7:42:45 PM8/1/21
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
I think it’s.

defaults write com.barebones.bbedit ExtraSpaceInTextViews -bool YES

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>
---

Christopher Stone

Aug 1, 2021, 8:03:45 PM8/1/21
to BBEdit-Talk
On Aug 01, 2021, at 18:42, Christopher Waterman <ch...@rustydogink.com> wrote:

I think it’s.

defaults write com.barebones.bbedit ExtraSpaceInTextViews -bool YES

Hey Christopher,

That didn't work for me, but it helped me do some sleuthing.

There is NO “ExtraSpaceInTextViews” pref in the currently listed expert prefs for BBEdit 14.

However – this string worked for me (thankfully):

defaults write com.barebones.bbedit ExtraSpaceInTextViews -string "ESfp"

--
Best Regards,
Chris

Christopher Waterman

Aug 1, 2021, 8:26:09 PM8/1/21
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Oh sorry about that, and thanks. I knew this existed but had never tried it out. I think I like it.

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BBEdit Talk" group.

Rich Siegel

Aug 1, 2021, 9:25:21 PM8/1/21
to BBEdit-Talk
Same place; same setting.

R.

--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 9.24.21 PM.png

Christopher Stone

Aug 2, 2021, 4:04:33 AM8/2/21
to BBEdit-Talk
Hey Rich,

Well, where?

It's not listed in the expert settings for BBEdit 14.x.

--
Best Regards,
Chris

Jan Erik Moström

Aug 2, 2021, 4:11:32 AM8/2/21
to BBEdit-Talk
On 2 Aug 2021, at 10:04, Christopher Stone wrote:

> It's  _not_  listed in the expert settings for BBEdit 14.x.

Open preferences, select "Editing", about 2/3 down "Extra vertical space"

= jem

Christopher Stone

Aug 2, 2021, 4:18:47 AM8/2/21
to BBEdit-Talk

Hey Jan,

Super!

Many thanks.

That's the first place I looked, but I didn't recognize the name.

--
Take Care,
Chris

Tom Robinson

Aug 2, 2021, 5:39:43 AM8/2/21
to BBEdit Talk
I think you missed the annotated screenshot Rich attached :]

Christopher Stone

Aug 4, 2021, 9:19:51 AM8/4/21
to BBEdit-Talk
On Aug 02, 2021, at 04:39, Tom Robinson <barefo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think you missed the annotated screenshot Rich attached :]

Hey Tom,

Eh?

Hmm...  Sure enough.  I see it in the group online.

I was sure the image was missing from my copy of the message in Mail (Mojave), but I just checked – and it's there.

Thanks for pointing that out.

--
Best Regards,
Chris