Re: [ANN] BBEdit 13.0

Bill Kochman

Oct 3, 2019, 8:43:18 PM10/3/19
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Rich . . . and Patrick,

I just had a quick look at the Pattern Playground and Grep Cheat Sheet. Very nice, my friends. Looks to be useful given how much I rely on grep patterns while batch updating my HTML docs. And, yes, I just upgraded to BBEdit 13.  :)

Kind regards,

Bill Kochman
Bill’s Bible Basics

On Oct 4, 2019, at 4:15 AM, Rich Siegel <sie...@barebones.com> wrote:

*   Pattern Playgrounds - The "Pattern Playground" window provides
   an interactive interface for experimenting with the behavior of
   Grep patterns (regular expressions). This makes the process of
   creating complicated patterns much less trial-and-error, since
   you can see exactly what will match, and how, before committing
   to any irreversible actions.

*   Grep Cheat Sheet - The Grep Cheat Sheet provides quick access to
   many common regular expression idioms as well as brief
   descriptions. It's great not only for learning how to write
   regular expression ("grep") patterns, but also for experienced
   Grep users. The Cheat Sheet is available in places where you
   commonly write Grep patterns: the Find, Multi-File Search, and
   Pattern Playground windows; as well as in the "Process Lines
   Containing", "Process Duplicates", and "Sort Lines" dialog boxes.

Lorin Rivers

Oct 8, 2019, 1:52:27 PM10/8/19
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Man it looks awesome. I may have to get a new Mac.

However, the lack of any specific PNOIES support is disappointing.

Also,
  • SNUCK IN A SPECIAL FEATURE FOR CRAIG NO NOT HIM THE OTHER ONE I HOPE HE LIKES IT

As a non-Craig person, does this mean anything to me?

Cheers!

Lorin

Craig Heilman

Oct 8, 2019, 2:56:52 PM10/8/19
to 'Holger Bartel' via BBEdit Talk
Oh man, now I need to figure out if I’m that Craig or the other one…

Craig