bareos-fd-postgresql plugin connection

조회수 49회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

Sathis Anarudhan

읽지 않음,
2023. 11. 23. 오전 4:40:1223. 11. 23.
받는사람 bareos-users
Hi Community,

I have configured the bareos-fd-postgresql plugin on my client machine (which running the db) and created a FileSet configuration on Dir machine to run the DB backups.

below is the FileSet config

FileSet {
    Name = "Postgres"
    Include  {
        Options {
            Compression = LZ4
            Signature = XXH128
        }
        Plugin = "python3"
                 ":module_name=bareos-fd-postgres"
                 ":postgresDataDir=/var/lib/postgresql/11/main"
                 ":walArchive=/var/lib/pgsql/wal_archive/"
             ":ignoreSubdirs=pg_wal,pg_log,pg_xlog"
                 ":dbHost=/run/postgresql/"
             ":dbuser=username"
             ":dbname=dbname"
    }
}

but i am getting the below error when running the job

client-fd JobId 18: Fatal error: python3-fd-mod: Could not connect to database dbname, user username , host: /run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432: server requesting MD5 password authentication, but no password was provided

i have modified the pg_hba.conf file in client machine to user peer auth as well, and getting the same error

Can't we hard code the db password in FileSet conf ? or any suggestion to fix this ?

Thanks,
Sathis Anarudhan

메시지가 삭제되었습니다.

Bruno Friedmann (bruno-at-bareos)

읽지 않음,
2023. 11. 23. 오전 4:50:4123. 11. 23.
받는사람 bareos-users
Hi Sathis,

I guess your best bet will be to use the newer postgresql plugin come in 23 where you will have all new sort of possibility

The last iteration of rewrite will also offer an extended support for *deb* like pg_*_cluster tool and configuration.
If you want to test the code before the switch to 23, the experimental repository can allow you to do so.

Regards.

Sathis Anarudhan

읽지 않음,
2023. 11. 23. 오전 5:26:3623. 11. 23.
받는사람 bareos-users
Hi Brono,

That's really a good news.

Sure, i will tryout the experimental plugin on our testing servers and see.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

Thanks,
Sathis
전체답장