hyperv-fd python plugin, probability error of concurrent restore jobs

David-CC Liao

Jun 4, 2020, 11:33:24 PM6/4/20
to bareos-devel

hi,

I got a probability error (object in use) when doing concurrent restore jobs by using hyperv-fd python plugin.

In one restore job case.

when files was restored to hyperv host, we will operate these files (in function end_restore_job) and result is normal.

In two concurrent restore jobs (JobA, JobB) case (restore to same hyperv host).

when files of JobA  were restored to hyperv host, it may get file locked error (object in use). (in function end_restore_job)

I observed that file locked until JobB was finished.

I checked

- the files' paths of JobA and JobB were different.

    - C:/folder/jobA/files

    - C:/folder/jobB/files

- logs of plugin_bclose -> nothing wrong

hyperv-fd version 18.2.6

Is it possible files of JobA to be influenced by JobB?

Or any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

Philipp Storz

Jun 5, 2020, 1:31:35 AM6/5/20
to bareos...@googlegroups.com
Hello David,

can you please tell me what hyperv-fd python plugin you are using and from where did you get it??

Best regards,

Philipp

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Philipp Storz philip...@bareos.com
Bareos GmbH & Co. KG Phone: +49 221 63 06 93-92
http://www.bareos.com Fax: +49 221 63 06 93-10

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, M. Außendorf,
J. Steffens, P. Storz

David-CC Liao

Jun 10, 2020, 5:21:52 AM6/10/20
to bareos-devel

Hi Philipp,

We reference vmware plugin to create hyperv-fd python plugin.

Regards,

David

philipp.storz於 2020年6月5日星期五 UTC+8下午1時31分35秒寫道:

Frank K.

Jun 20, 2020, 3:48:25 AM6/20/20
to bareos-devel
Hi David,

10. Juni 2020 11:21:52 UTC+2 schrieb David-CC Liao:

We [...] create hyperv-fd python plugin.

Would this be available publicly?

Regards,

David

best,