Bareos Windows Installation and mtx-changer

Thomas D

Dec 14, 2019, 7:27:34 AM12/14/19
to bareos-devel
Hi, I have installed latest windows release of bareos and wanted to control a Neos Storageloader T24. But I can't find any mtx-changer script nor a mtx.exe to control the tapeloader? Is there any possibility to configure the storage daemon to control the tapeloader under windows? Best regards Thomas D.

Philipp Storz

Dec 17, 2019, 2:39:30 AM12/17/19
to bareos...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thomas,

as we have documented on
https://docs.bareos.org/TasksAndConcepts/TheWindowsVersionOfBareos.html

(Limitation): Limitation - Windows: |sd| only support backup to disk, not to tape.

we do not support tape backup on windows, only to disk.

While we heard that some users were successful to run tape backups on windows, I am not aware
that somebody has successfully configured a changer on windows.

While this is for sure possible to achieve, we do not plan to implement this.

Best regards,

Philipp

Am 14.12.19 um 13:27 schrieb Thomas D:
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Philipp Storz philip...@bareos.com
Bareos GmbH & Co. KG Phone: +49 221 63 06 93-92
http://www.bareos.com Fax: +49 221 63 06 93-10

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, M. Außendorf,
J. Steffens, P. Storz