My email to my MP asking that the Australian Government support the End Frozen Pensions campaign

Paul Swain

Jan 29, 2021, 3:44:47 AM1/29/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone!

Following on from my email yesterday about Boris Johnson's promise that the End Frozen Pensions campaign would get a meeting with a minister https://groups.google.com/g/bapanews/c/Q8abviS8SXo/m/vdxDonCIAwAJ , I've just emailed my Federal MP to ask that the Australian Government contact the End Frozen Pensions campaign and offer them support for the meeting.

You can see my email below.  Please feel free to use it if you want to send something similar to your Federal MP or your Senators.

Paul

As you will recall, I've contacted you numerous times about the Frozen UK State Pension that applies to people living in Australia.

Well, at last I may have something that you will finally do to help our case, and that might be effective.

On Wednesday, in UK Prime Minister's questions, thanks to a question by UK MP Peter Dowd, Boris Johnson promised that the End Frozen Pensions campaign would get a meeting with a minister.

You can see the question and answer at https://twitter.com/pensionjustice/status/1354420414198460419 or read the Hansard transcript at https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2021-01-27/debates/86061134-27CE-4595-8B6A-15EA751552A1/Engagements#contribution-B99FF7D4-98BA-4C0E-BC08-6DE1EF8C09B3

Will you please ensure that the Australian Government makes contact with the End Frozen Pensions campaign to offer them

  • significant support in preparing for this meeting; and
  • a senior Australian Government representative to attend the meeting.

You can contact the End Frozen Pensions campaign at https://endfrozenpensions.org/contact/

The meeting that Boris Johnson has offered the End Frozen Pensions campaign is probably due to the recent report that the campaign prepared in conjunction with the UK All Party Parliamentary Group on Frozen British Pensions http://frozenbritishpensions.org/2020-appg-inquiry/  As you can see, a few thousand frozen pensioners have been far more effective than the Australian government has been, so now that the hard work has been done, why not jump on board and see if we can resolve this issue.

ijar...@australiamail.com

Jan 30, 2021, 10:34:20 AM1/30/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.
Have sent similar to my federal MP
Ian

Sent using the mail.com mail app

Sheila Whyte

Jan 31, 2021, 2:46:36 AM1/31/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
thank you for taking the trouble to do this.
Sheila Whyte

Chris Hill

Jan 31, 2021, 3:20:23 AM1/31/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
UK now applying to join CPTPP. Another chance to raise FP with Aus Politicians?

Chris Hill

Jan 31, 2021, 3:20:38 AM1/31/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Canada is also party to CPTPP so worth lobbying there to

Alan James

Jan 31, 2021, 3:21:05 AM1/31/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com, Rob & Kath Lampard
I have used this as a basis for a letter to my MP. Thanks for putting int the time to do this.

From Alan James @ large