Frozen Pensions Petition

Chris Hill

Sep 24, 2022, 4:55:49 AM9/24/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
https://the.organise.network/campaigns/network-stop-discriminating-against-500000-expats-by-freezing-their-state-pensions-9b0ee07bb8128090

Thought I would start a new petition on this web site as it allowed me to copy it directly to the new DWP Minister.

Please sign if you agree with my sentiments.

Many thanks Chris

Graeme King

Sep 24, 2022, 5:34:34 AM9/24/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Signed

Thanks & Stay Safe
Graeme King
Mobile: +61 432 499 084

Marianne

Sep 25, 2022, 2:32:37 AM9/25/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Signed by us both ☺️

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

alexander whitehead

Sep 25, 2022, 2:32:47 AM9/25/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
ok by me all the best alexander

Jonathan Green

Sep 25, 2022, 12:16:10 PM9/25/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
SIGNED!! Thanks for setting it up, I'm still in favour of a small donation from everyone for a barrister's opinion in the light of the changes that have occurred since the last legal challenge, i.e. Brexit, discrimination laws, etc.

Sep 25, 2022, 3:53:27 PM9/25/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Signed

Annie Cory from my iPhone

john_p...@dodo.com.au

Sep 26, 2022, 4:08:09 AM9/26/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com, Chris Hill
Signed.

BTW. Below was the comment I added.

--------------------

All my working life, while living in the UK from birth for decades, I
paid into the (mandatory) National Insurance scheme expecting fair,
equal and just remuneration. However only finding out years later, after
eventually retiring in Australia (a Commonwealth Country), that my
pension entitlement would be forever 'frozen' at the same initial
amount. With hindsight I wish that, after living and working in New
York, I'd stayed in America where I would get paid my pension increases.
Due to that unfair geographical discrimination, towards Australian
residents, I'm now put in the unenviable position of having to return to
live in the UK in order to get the (National Insurance) pension
increases I'm entitled to. I've already contacted the relevant (DWP)
organisation to get notification of the actual amount payable, upon my
return, when permanently living in the UK. As I have a number of health
conditions, at least I will be eligible to free (NHS) healthcare for the
remainder of my life.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bapanews/CAO-9o1WhgXnYSnMmYDXWRd3OKMvYY7KVvz3TFCyYp7wqfhDF8w%40mail.gmail.com
> [1].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bapanews/CAO-9o1WhgXnYSnMmYDXWRd3OKMvYY7KVvz3TFCyYp7wqfhDF8w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Elaine Pyne

Sep 26, 2022, 5:38:06 AM9/26/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
How much donation and sent where.  Thank you
Elaine Pyne

Sent from my iPad

JO ODDIE

Sep 26, 2022, 6:16:56 AM9/26/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this. Signed

Jo

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Sep 2022, at 19:38, 'Elaine Pyne' via BAPA <bapa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

How much donation and sent where.  Thank you

Jonathan Green

Sep 26, 2022, 7:45:11 AM9/26/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elaine,
I haven't got the computer skills or contacts to set this up, but if we all got together to donate $10 or the equivalent, I'm sure we could raise enough to pay a good barrister to take a look at our plight! We are being discriminated depending on the location of where we choose or need to live.
The last legal challenge was from memory decades ago and was settled in the European courts as we were then in the EU. Who would have thought in those days that someone could be prosecuted because something you said offended someone else! Times have changed!
If someone amongst us has enough legal knowledge to recommend the right legal team and someone else knows how to ethically raise, save and then spend the money on top legal advice we may be able to move forward on this.
If the legal advice sounded positive, we could then all chip in a bit more to go ahead... in my opinion this is the only way we will ever get the UK government to cough up.
Anyone out there got any ideas?
Cheers Elaine (& all!).