Fwd: Commonwealth meeting

Chris Hill

Jun 13, 2022, 11:39:29 PM6/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Great letter Clive but shouldn't you at the end be asking that it's put on the agenda for discussion at the meeting?
Regards Chris

Jun 13, 2022, 11:43:17 PM6/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Well written, thank you

Jo

Richard Denton

Jun 14, 2022, 12:44:55 AM6/14/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Woo Hoo Clive best letter yet. Let’s hope HRH Charles boots that up the line to BoJo. He does though have to be careful not involving himself in politics. Suggest you send the letter to BPiA and they could get the UK lobby organisation to get it into the public domain via leading media.
Richard

Sent from my iPhone X

On 14 Jun 2022, at 1:43 pm, 'Jo Oddie' via BAPA <bapa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Well written, thank you

Terry Stretton

Jun 14, 2022, 4:12:49 AM6/14/22
to 'Jo Oddie' via BAPA

Well written but will it have any affect on Govt. DONT THINK SO

Reagrsdf Terry

George Morley

Jun 18, 2022, 4:25:00 AM6/18/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Well  Terry It won't if nobody does anything ?? , George.

clive_walford

Jun 19, 2022, 3:49:02 AM6/19/22
to BAPA

Thank for your support all. i see Prince Charles is in the newspapers again. (suggest read  and think what to tell him today!) https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61808445 (copy and paste). Good question Terry. I am going to follow up on the letter and will of course send a draught for experienced old owls to comment on!  . More freedom as a Prince than when King, does cry out for some action. personally, I think the gagging of royalty does need re-considering the rules laid down by past politicians and the new  bunch will be sharpening their knives  just in cise P. Charles even farts too loud. I think Charles is wise enough to know when to bite his tounge but I think he also has a mind to speak out in an appropriate manner, not about the politics but more on "humanitarian and other type" grounds. the queen was pretty good at "hints" in her limited "permission" to speak!

So as Terry says, who’s going to do what? i think there are two areas to dig into. Top rung position is in my mind the frozen war veterans/frozen expats/equality laws and "we all paid in" and emphasis on the Pension IS an entitlement.The government response to the petition was that the pension is not an entitlement and never was. Not true of course but every FP, individuals’  and groups  should go flat out to prove your entitlement is a fact. This is not necessarily  aimed at Charles but an important,  "by the way Charley boy did you know your government, (?) think it’s not an entitlement. Well Charley old chap what do they think we were making contributions to keep the fund in balance all our working lives for? (what it is this year? £40 odd billion?").

i know that there are some real knowledgeable frozen pensioners in the group that have much experience and knowledge of the long drawn out offensive policy in this issue. I think those guys are "the older and wiser" FPs. Remember BAPA were the first campaigners. Keep the BAPA flag flying!

            The second area is the commonwealth. With the rumblings from some about moving out of the commonwealth, it could be a chance to campaign to keep them in and crucify the government for causing the possible break up. How can there be some frozen, some not frozen, pensioners in one great FAMILY?

Check out the Commonwealth Office description of what they do and hack that to pieces!  I hope this is going to be the start of something big. Get the Commonwealth unfrozen then double your efforts for the like of poor old me and other non-Commonwealth pensioners.  The question is can we make PC speak out before he puts on the gagging crown?  God save the Queen and God help the next King if he doesn't support us some way!!

Regards to all FPs. Clive.

alexander whitehead

Jun 20, 2022, 3:46:18 AM6/20/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
CHARLEY IS NOT MY DARLING .IF WE ARE NOT ENTITLED TO A PENSION WHAT DID WE PAY ALL THOSE STAMPS FOR ALL THOSE YEARS ???/ YOU KNOW AND I KNOW WE ARE JUST PAWNS IN LIFES GAME OF NOTS AND HAVE NOTS, THEY HAVE THE POWER WE HAVE THE SOWER ??/ CONFUCIUS HE  SAY  MAN WHO THINKS HE HAS THE RIGHT,,,READ THE SMALL PRINT    ALEXANDER WHITEHEAD