tripple lock

clive walford

Oct 28, 2022, 4:27:30 AM10/28/22
to BAPA gmail

TRIPLE L0CK.?”

 What’s that then? SOMETHING THAT AFFECTS ALL PENSIONERS.  Oops!  Sorry not true. (FROZEN PENSIONERS ARE EXCLUDED).

            “But I thought the Equality Act said age discrimination was illegal,  All pensioners are a “designated group”  pensioners ?, (age), being over the pension commencement age required surely?”

True but as it is law the gov’t can break that law. “But  Why?” The gov’t says we are the law makers so we can break the laws we made. (to suit us). “OH, REALLY!!!”

          . Between 1980 and 2010 the value of the State Pension was steadily eroded relative to average earnings. The introduction of the triple lock was important in reversing that decline and in tackling pensioner poverty.

https://www.actuaries.org.uk/news-and-insights/news/reforming-triple-lock-key-sustainable-state-pension   institute and Faculty of actuaries 25 April 2019

The triple lock is a PROMISE to raise the state pension in line with inflation.* The PLEDGE was first introduced in 2010 It was A GUARANTEE that the state pension would not lose value in real terms, and that it would increase at least in line with inflation. TO MAKE THE GUARANTEE EVEN MORE SECURE, it included three separate measures of inflation (hence ‘triple lock’).  and featured in the Conservative Party's 2019 ELECTION MANIFESTO.

Some promise in the gov’ts manifesto! of a pledge to guarantee, pensioners, low incomed and the vulnerable ,

won’t die of starvation, lack of food & water and hyperthermia.

Manifesto Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

: a written statement declaring publicly the intentions, motives, or views of its issuer The group's manifesto focused on helping the poor and stopping violence ...

            Of course, we all know that the use of words like “promise, pledge, guarantee, manifesto, secure”, is, when quoted by gov’t means nothing.  What is the state of affairs now? We must wait and see, again. In spite of 2 PMs saying it will stay, two ministers saying “we don’t know yet”. And 540,000 saying; “what ever, we know we will still not get a penny on our frozen pension”.  Well at least we know the last sentence will be true!

A single person needs to earn £25,500 a year to reach a minimum acceptable standard of living in April 2022  https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/minimum-income-standard-uk-2022  A pensioner gets what? Around £10,000. Not even close!  Some difference between living and being a pensioner! (Will the gov’t answer that by saying “they are not “working” so don’t earn anything!!”).

            The gov’t will now dust off the tablet of stone that is carved with the words: “We cant afford it!”

The NIS Funds from which the Pension income and expenditure finances had a good balance. (£ billions in fact),  to cover all contingencies. You know, the fund you contributed to, (as did the employer all your working life), to maintain that fund. Where is it now??? In the gov’t general fund. So no Security for your pension and no fund to maintain the pension. Your contributions are no longer to be contributions but you will be paying Boris ‘s new warnings tax he introduced early 2021.

We should all be making very strong and loud demands of the gov’t to stick to those promises regardless. {Together on just one single issue, “triple lock!}.

          https://www.actuaries.org.uk/news-and-insights/news/reforming-triple-lock-key-sustainable-state-pension     institute and Faculty of actuaries 25 April 2019

“Between 1980 and 2010 the value of the State Pension was steadily eroded relative to average earnings. The introduction of the triple lock was important in reversing that decline and in tackling pensioner poverty. However, the introduction of the new State Pension in 2016 restored the value of the State Pension relative to minimum income standards, and arguably means the triple lock is no longer necessary”.

What planet do these people live? .quote!  “However, the introduction of the new State Pension in 2016 restored the value of the State Pension relative to minimum income standards, and arguably means the triple lock is no longer necessary”.

IF YOU CAN BELIEVE THAT THEN PIGS REALLY CAN FLY!

 Lowest pension in the wester world, a pension less than half of the minimum acceptable standard of living and a daily growing number of food banks and numbers of children living in poverty.

Me? I am 84, so will die in the near future, (do I hear cheers from the H of C and the DWP??) so I should not have to worry too much. (should I?).

Of course I should, my grandchildren  will be pensioners one day. What the “whatsit” will they have to look forward to? (as for your grandchildren as well!)

*The triple lock is a PROMISE to raise the state pension in line with inflation.* (as measured by the Consumer Prices Index for September the previous year), average earnings growth, or 2.5%, whichever is highest.

{if you google “what is the triple lock”, you don’t get “UK Gov’t” page. No doubt there is one somewhere!}

alexander whitehead

Oct 29, 2022, 3:42:46 AM10/29/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I AM 90YRS NEXT MAY I HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 20YRS ADVOCATING FOR A RISE IN PENSIONS FOR EXPATS YOU KNOW THE ANSWER  (STUFF ALL) KEEP TRYING ALL THE BEST ALEXANDER WHITEHEAD

clive walford

Oct 30, 2022, 2:22:11 AM10/30/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

    "I AM 90YRS NEXT MAY I HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 20YRS ADVOCATING FOR A RISE IN PENSIONS FOR EXPATS YOU KNOW THE ANSWER  (STUFF ALL) KEEP TRYING ALL THE BEST ALEXANDER WHITEHEAD".

Your efforts Alexander are  always appreciated. It is all very frustrating. How do we improve the chances of getting a sensible increase?  Increase pension should be all groups ambitions.  When all groups do work together I n harmony we may have an influence.

Shared with Public

WHAT PRECISELY IS THIS “COMBO” GROUP? ONE GROUP COMBO

.the one group combo is a suggested method of getting all pension related groups working together on one issue, (such as say frozen pensions), without losing their own independence. It is not a group as such. It is a focal point for the one issue to be formalised by a group of coordinators from a number of groups. Over the years the words “groups should work together” have been spoken many times but never really happened. Why not? Because many within groups are afraid their own “position of power within their group would be compromised”. So in one area covered by so many group  a  single issue is highlighted for action. i.e., main issue:-:the state pension. :-.  Combo issue- frozen pension So each individual group, whose agenda includes in some form the frozen pension has the group consider and discus and finalise  the actions necessary. The groups confirmed, (voted on), suggested actions necessary. All groups would do similarly.  The  groups suggested actions necessary sent to the combo coordinators to put the answers in a simple form for such actions to be carried out. i.e “The frozen pension policy is discrimination  and the pension related groups demand(?) it be annulled by the removal of section 20 of the current pension act and related other Legislation. “ a petition is set up where all groups in the combo list would get their members to sign the petition. It is expected of the members to sign. With all groups members signing the number of signatures should break all records.  Along with the petition there would be a parallel action hitting the press and media. Unions and professional bode, NPC and similar should be able to support this combo move.

It is feasible, it needs co-operation from groups and the finer points ironing out. Depending on the input from groups further actions could be added. i.e.  approach to political partied to support the petitions demands. Early days but there has been no other  suggestions and no real move for groups to work together.  The aim is for everyone to concentrate on that one issue and rather than the group or its own agenda. There are many issues just on the State Pension. Hit the gov’t with a petition of a few million, hopefully we will actually get some action. The current political mess called the gov’t will argue against it but with the numbers that could and should, be involved are I would suggest the gov’t would be  on a sticky wicket. Deselection? Etc

PPiI raised the idea, which is feasible, but needs a great deal of cooperation, is not receiving as much interest as we had hoped. Why won’t groups show more interest? Perhaps group leaders are a bit afraid of losing their personal position. Why? The system does not infringe on the groups agenda, it just takes one issue to coordinate with other groups in approaching a “ demand from gov’t”  action.  Of course the current financial farce in the UK will be used by gov’t  to kill off such an idea. Unions and similar units could really increase the strength of combo group demands. The biggest problem is getting all those groups not to argue as to who will the king on his/her ivory tower.

(We have of course suggested the frozen pension is a similar closed area to combine on!)

alexander whitehead

Oct 30, 2022, 3:53:27 AM10/30/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
why dont we have a rep from each group to form some sort of forum we may come to some tactical solution ,we are all in it for one common cause JUSTICE JUSTICE MAKE MY 90TH BIRTHDAY MEANING FULL ALEXANDER WHITEHEAD  CALL IT THE ALEXANDER THE GREAT      DAY//////////