the FP policy action by all FPs

clive walford

Jan 11, 2022, 2:46:56 AM1/11/22
to clive walford

Clive Walford PPiI

To all frozen pensioners wherever you reside, or what pension related group you may be a member of, I would like to apologise on behalf of PPiI (pension Parity in Indonesia and Asia Pacific area-{and the world}, to you all, your family and friends. We apologise on our part in failing to get the UK gov’t (?) to revoke the Frozen Pension WHIM*. Yes, it is a whim it is not a Justifiable policy despite the gov’ts B/S and hot air excuses.  Another group’s name, WPIYPO, sums it up exactly for what it is.

            A couple of months ago a member of one “pension” group asked the question “when are we getting our pension unfrozen?”. I chickened out of answering as it was on another groups FB page. I did ask, off the record, another FP from another group, “What has changed in the action of operation of the FP during the75 years the FP has been operating, from the start until today, that could be put down to the action of any group?” the answer was a definite “NOTHING!” Do we have to fight for another 75 years to answer that question from that member? It’s true, nothing has really changed! Not one group, including PPiI, can claim to have made any real change.

If I have to  wait another 75 years for change I will be 158 years old!! We have now started a new year 2022. Can we all make every effort to make sure that 2022 is not the start of another 75 year term? (12.2 million Pensioners, 30+ million workers = 42.2 million people to hit this gov’t hard and long).

At PPiI we never give members orders to do anything. But on this occasion may I ask those 42.2 million to get mailing now!

WAKE UP NOW PEOPLE OF THE UK AND GO FOR THEIR THROAT!

AS A SECOND LINE OF ATTACK GO FOR THE PRESS TO CHALLENGE THE GOV’TS B/S AND HOT AIR.

…..

            *(I saw that stated by at least one of the Supreme EU Court Judges after their decision on the Carson case. I could not disagree with that statement what so ever! )

One dictionary definition of justifiable is:

   “Able to be shown to be right or reasonable; defensible”.

The SP is “a right” as an entitlement as stated in the agreement between employers, employees and GOV’T on the introduction of the NIS.

    "it is not financially justifiable" is a dictionary example of how the word could be used. However, in cases in the UK courts the judgement was that cost is NOT justifiable to discriminate!

The gov’t says “we only uprate where we are legally required to do so. That legislation is not primary legislation! It is only Secondary Legislation that will be approved automatically after 40 days.

(check back on “Gummers Bill.” House of Commons .Tuesday 25 February 2014     House of Commons Hansard Debates for 25 Feb 2014 (pt 0001)

  ) compare with Boris’s so called new tax he announced last year. Not as a new proposal but as an Act. It will happen!

Tony OMahony

Jan 12, 2022, 2:31:31 AM1/12/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com, clive walford
Dear Clive

Agree with every word you wrote. Nothing has happened nor will it unless we take action to hurt the government or one of its ministers. By "hurt" I mean that if enough pensioners could enrol in an minister's constituency and threaten to vote against him that would wake up other members and provoke some action. (They would probably pass a law to exclude expats from voting.)

All you need is a British Passport as you have to quote passport number to facilitate enrolling.

I can't as I have an Irish Passport in addition to my Australian one. I long ago ditched my British one.

Also we missed an opportunity when Boris was negotiating his highly publicised the Free Trade Agreement with Australia. We made no mention of UK pensioners as a condition in the negotiations unfortunately.

Regards
Tony O'Mahony

Tony O'Mahony

Chris Hill

Jan 12, 2022, 2:50:38 AM1/12/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com, clive walford
Unfortunately UK Expats have to register to vote at their last UK address which waters down collective action unlike the French who can vote for one designated representative. French are far more committed to democracy than the British! (They also organise vaccinations for their expats whereas the the UK ambassador to Thailand organised jabs for embassy staff but said the NHS could not vaccinate expats in Thailand- British Chamber of Commerce Thailand did step in where the ambassador feared to tread.)
By the way I am still waiting for a response from The Foreign Secretary on FPs but she has been too busy running up her expenses in SE Asia and plotting to dump Bozo the latter of which I wish her every sucess with

Annie Cory

Jan 12, 2022, 5:00:52 AM1/12/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com, clive walford
When I first arrived in Australia, I did vote using a UK friend as a proxy.  I thought that after ?years you could no longer vote.  I have been in Australia since 1998. I had a fully paid up UK pension.  I have been receiving my frozen pension since 2005.
How do I go about registering ti vote?

Annie Cory from my iPhone

alexander whitehead

Jan 12, 2022, 8:41:36 PM1/12/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
HI WHY DONT  WE ALL SIGN A PETITION( EXPAT UNITED PARTY) SEND IT TO BORIS WITH A GET WELL SOON CARD ////// AND HOPE HE ENJOYS IS VERY LARGE PENSION WHEN HE RETIRES WITH FULL ENTITLEMENTS
ALEXANDER W

Tony OMahony

Jan 12, 2022, 8:41:52 PM1/12/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com, clive walford
My understanding is that you need to contact the British High Commission (=Ambassador) and ask for forms for registration.

Tony

--
Tony O'Mahony

Tony OMahony

Jan 13, 2022, 2:29:02 AM1/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Where do I sign?

Hope we get 50,000 signatures.
Tony

--
Tony O'Mahony

Sheila Whyte

Jan 13, 2022, 2:29:28 AM1/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Go od idea..and short circuits  lot of letters and delays from postal services both in Aust and in UK.apparently  it takesab out 6 weeks and  likely will lengthen...for letters to UK MPs etc.
Thank you
Sheila W hyte

clive walford

Jan 13, 2022, 2:30:29 AM1/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

VOTING IF YOU MOVE OR LIVE ABROAD

https://www.gov.uk/voting-when-abroad

this should lead to voting registration abroad. See related content.

clive