Canada and the UK

Michael Skully

Jan 28, 2021, 10:03:50 AM1/28/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
This article may provide some background to the comment that Canada might approach the UK regarding the frozen pension - not promising it would seem

Tony Walsh

Jan 28, 2021, 6:50:52 PM1/28/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Hi

My understanding is that the Canadians have approached the UK Government.

Tony

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

terryandlorraine

Jan 29, 2021, 12:58:49 AM1/29/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Is it any use us contacting Aus govt.
It would be beneficial them them and us too. We have been victimized far too long
Suggestions
Cheers
Terry

Sent from my Galaxy

Tony Phillips

Jan 29, 2021, 1:46:52 AM1/29/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I’d encourage every member to contact everyone they know currently receiving a UK Pension to contact their local MP and get them to explain the current unfairness and why changing things will benefit both Pensioners AND the Government!

Tony P.

Sheila Whyte

Jan 29, 2021, 1:58:33 AM1/29/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I have contacted my local mp about this in the past..trying also to get a face to face discussion.he is not interested .."it's a UK matter ".. Nothing to concern him !and blocks at every turn.disheartening.

Am sure I am not the only petitioner experiencing this disinterest here in Aust.?
Cheers...sheila w hyte

Chris Hill

Jan 29, 2021, 2:48:05 AM1/29/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Done this many times  to local Tory MP and The Minister and Prime Minister and just get the DWP standard reply "successive governments haven't overuled this for 70 yrs"

john_p...@dodo.com.au

Jan 29, 2021, 11:20:59 AM1/29/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Hope this below link is of interest.

https://international-adviser.com/australia-and-canada-demand-end-to-uk-frozen-pensions/

On 29-01-2021 09:50, Tony Walsh wrote:
> Hi
>
> My understanding is that the Canadians have approached the UK
> Government.
>
> Tony
>
> Sent from Mail [1] for Windows 10
>
> FROM: 'Michael Skully' via BAPA
> SENT: Friday, 29 January 2021 2:03 AM
> TO: bapa...@googlegroups.com
> SUBJECT: [bapanews] Canada and the UK
>
> This article may provide some background to the comment that Canada
> might approach the UK regarding the frozen pension - not promising it
> would seem
>
> https://ipolitics.ca/2021/01/06/british-citizens-in-canada-ask-government-for-help-in-pension-fight/

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bapanews/CAEXJDXXo8mXqAvS5%3DGxRS%2Bd_keqQjxRdt4SghLe6PPKi3ANLaQ%40mail.gmail.com
> [2].

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bapanews/44cc2e%24963fnh%40icp-osb-irony-out3.iinet.net.au
> [3].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986
> [2]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bapanews/CAEXJDXXo8mXqAvS5%3DGxRS%2Bd_keqQjxRdt4SghLe6PPKi3ANLaQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer
> [3]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bapanews/44cc2e%24963fnh%40icp-osb-irony-out3.iinet.net.au?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Michael Skully

Jan 30, 2021, 1:22:27 AM1/30/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

terryandlorraine

Jan 30, 2021, 1:22:50 AM1/30/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Well put and what about we all say " coming back to uk to get our due benefits"
Maybe they will quickly change
Best wishe
Terry

Sent from my Galaxy