ICBP Information Session for UK MPs and Members of the House of Lords

Paul Swain

Nov 12, 2022, 11:53:21 AM11/12/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone!

The International Consortium of British Pensioners (ICBP) has organised a frozen pensions information session in the UK Houses of Parliament for UK MPs and Members of the House of Lords.  The session will run between 2 pm and 4 pm on 22 November 2022.

The ICBP have sent invitations to all MPs and Members of the House of Lords, but if you're a UK citizen, and so eligible to vote, it would be great if you could also contact your representatives and ask them to attend.  It is a drop in session, so MPs and Members of the House of Lords can attend at any time between 2 pm and 4 pm.

The ICBP have made it easy to contact your previous MP.

If you go to https://endfrozenpensions.org/find-your-mp/ and enter your last UK postcode, you will be able to send your MP an invitation.  You can either use the standard wording they've provided, or you can customise the standard wording to create a more personal message.

Once you've created a message, why not ask any friends or family in the UK to use https://endfrozenpensions.org/find-your-mp/ to send a message too.

Or take a copy of the message you send to your MP, and use it to send an invitation to a Member of the House of Lords.

You can find Members of the House of Lords at https://members.parliament.uk/members/Lords

On that search page, if you click on the Show more options link on the left, you can search by Members' interests.  Members who are interested in Social security and pensions, or Communities and families, would seem likely to be interested in frozen pensions.

Thanks for supporting the ICBP's work!

Paul

Robert Hill

Nov 13, 2022, 2:36:11 AM11/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Dear Paul,

I have written to the MP (Tomlinson) of my former constituency, and also to the few friends who are still alive and resident in the UK.

I occasionally write to Mr Tomlinson on the subject of frozen pensions and other matters. If he replies (and twice he has done so), he merely reminds me that I am no longer living in his constituency, and furthermore that I am not a UK voter! He always tows his (Conservative) Party line, alas!

Best regards, and thank you for the work you do for us all,

Robert

Sent from Mail for Windows

alexander whitehead

Nov 13, 2022, 2:36:27 AM11/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
HI PAUL HOPE SOMETHING COMES OUT OF IT MAKE MY 90th BIRTHDAY IN MAY ALEXANDER THE GREAT DAY ALL THE BEST ALEXANDER WHITEHEAD

Bruce Englefield

Nov 13, 2022, 2:36:46 AM11/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Dear Paul,

Keep up the good work. I did write to the MP for my previous UK constituency of North Devon. This was her reply. Another self-imposed cop out.

Regards

Bruce.

Dear Dr Englefield,

Thank you for contacting Selaine. Unfortunately Selaine is not your MP, and therefore due to strict parliamentary protocol Selaine is unable to formally respond in this matter as her time must be spent helping constituents. As a member of the Work and Pensions Select Committee, Selaine closely follows pension policy very closely. You can keep up to date with Selaine's work on her website, www.selainesaxby.org.uk.

Kind regards,

Francesca McKever | Caseworker for Selaine Saxby MP Selaine Saxby, Member of Parliament for North Devon House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA | The Strand, Barnstaple, EX31 1EU

Tel: 0207 219 5952

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Nov 13, 2022, 10:10:37 AM11/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Paul Swain

Nov 13, 2022, 10:22:24 AM11/13/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Robert!

Thanks for writing, and for encouraging your friends.

Robert Hill wrote on 13/11/2022 7:58 am:
I occasionally write to Mr Tomlinson on the subject of frozen pensions and other matters. If he replies (and twice he has done so), he merely reminds me that I am no longer living in his constituency, and furthermore that I am not a UK voter!

At least Mr Tomlinson now has to accept you as a UK voter.

And hopefully, as a good Tory, he is celebrating the fact that they have legislated one of their policies, and that you will now be able to vote when he is up for election. 😁

Paul