Frozen Pensions discussed in the House of Lords

Paul Swain

Mar 2, 2021, 3:30:52 AM3/2/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone!

There was quite a good discussion of frozen pensions in the House of
Lords on 1 March.  Here's the Hansard record:
https://hansard.parliament.uk/lords/2021-03-01/debates/03B4E0E6-39F7-4CD0-9DA8-58CED39FF60D/CommonwealthCountriesReciprocalPensionAgreements

Even though there was no new information from the UK Government, it is
good to see that members of the House of Lords who support us are
keeping the pressure on the Government.

Paul

Beryl Ba

Mar 3, 2021, 12:55:54 AM3/3/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I have read with interest the debate on the House of Lords concerning foreign pensions. It seems to be dealing with Commonwealth countries. What about other countries, ex I am in Senegal, West Africa ? I have written to my U.K. MP and he says his party is very concerned about this unfair situation.
Beryl

Sent from my iPad

Sheila Whyte

Mar 3, 2021, 2:14:30 AM3/3/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I also have members  in South Africa.. who have been impacted now for years of frozen pension. Hope we can take all frozen pensioners..wherever..along with us in our endeavours for justice for all !

Tony Hussey

Mar 4, 2021, 12:43:55 AM3/4/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting this debate in the house of the noble  lords and ladies. How much prevaricating time is wasted in this chamber by the constant repetition of the phrases 'My Lords' (presumably this refers to the gals as well? ... and the word 'noble' etc etc
This little bit of snide crit aside .... it's good to know that at least they are talking about it although as we can see there is nothing of any hope offered by the government side

... and for good measure when I was a student in London in the sixties my dear uncle who had been a labour MP and was now (then) one of the first life peers sitting in the noble house invited me as a guest to observe a debate in the aforesaid noble house .. it was more like sitting in the lounge room of a geriatric nursing home.... with elderly men shuffling out now and again to go to the toilet but otherwise sleeping ... and of course collecting their expenses etc. We know that there have been reforms since then ..... but.....

Sheila Whyte

Mar 4, 2021, 12:44:04 AM3/4/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I also have members in South Africa who have been impacted now for about 20 years thro frozen pension.lets hope we can bring all pensioners along to a good outcome..in our combined fight for justice.would we be stronger if the affected countries unite?