new shadow responsibilities

Michael Skully

Jan 31, 2021, 10:24:47 PM1/31/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

The Australian Labor Party has just added superannuation to the tasks of the current Shadow Financial Services Minister.

While he is not in government, it would be useful to welcome him and explain our problems.

He might even ask a question of the government as to what they are doing with the British.

You can contact him at his electoral office:

Mr Stephen Jones MP

Shadow Financial Services Minister

Shop 244

Stockland Shellharbour
Shellharbour City Centre, NSW, 2529

Mike

Richard Denton

Feb 1, 2021, 12:40:48 AM2/1/21
to 'Michael Skully' via BAPA
Hi All,

This letter from the Australian Government Department of Social Services April 2018 references the the matter raised by the Minister of Foreign Affairs the Hon Julie Bishop in July and December 2017 with the UK Foreign Secretary the Rt Hon Boris Johnson. It provides some back ground regarding the Australian Government's repeated attempts to resolve the frozen pension issue.

Richard

Australian position on UK pensions.pdf

Linda OBrien

Feb 1, 2021, 2:55:11 AM2/1/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michael Skully, do you by chance have an email address for him?

Sent from my iPad

Chris Hill

Feb 1, 2021, 2:56:49 AM2/1/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Best explanation of the Aussie position I have seen. All rather above Bozos level of attention, understanding and comprehension and he was sacked as Foreign Secretary. It does emphasize the level of predjudice against major commonwealth partners shown in frozen pensions. Or that as partners the UK knows that these major recipient partner countries would not leave expats in the lurch unlike the UK. Roll on CPTPP negotiations where Aus Canada NZ can redress the balance. Maybe SA can join the CPTPP also. They are at least legitimately positioned geographically unlike the UK although geography was not a major subject for Bozo unlike Latin and Greek although most of what he says is Greek to me!

Sheila Whyte

Feb 1, 2021, 9:35:35 AM2/1/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I have today written to Stephen Jones - in similar vein in which I also wrote to him last year; I live close to Shellharbour , in Bowral, Southern Highlands. Last year he said he would arrange a meeting with me; it did not materialise. Hoping for better luck with my second communication
Sheila Whyte

Michael Skully

Feb 2, 2021, 12:28:33 AM2/2/21
to bapa...@googlegroups.com