PRE EXISTING DECEASE-NO GROUND FOR DENIAL INSURANCE CLAIM .

mohan p

Jan 17, 2023, 1:44:22 AM1/17/23
to bankpensioner

mohan p

Jan 17, 2023, 1:47:20 AM1/17/23
to bankpensioner

On Tue, 17 Jan, 2023, 12:14 pm mohan p, <moha...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com

Kalyanasundaram Subramaniam

Jan 17, 2023, 11:17:22 PM1/17/23
to bankpensioner
Seems to be a strange judgement. Any suppression of fact while  buying insurance may not help the insured. How the judgement has ignored the principle of  uberrima fides ? May be challenged by the Insurance company.

S Kalyanasundaram

JSOMA SHEKARA

Jan 18, 2023, 5:29:33 AM1/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
In India Insurance, policies are purchased through agents who ask us to provide  copies of identification and address proof and then get other details and place before us a filled up policy application form and point out pencil marks  where we have to sign and then collect the initial premium.
Nobody has time or patience to go through 2-3 pages of rules and regulations printed in very small size. But we are declaring that we have read and understood terms and conditions of policy.

Sridhar Mandyam

Jan 18, 2023, 10:59:06 PM1/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
This is a life insurance policy, not a medical policy. The terms are different. In life insurance, for higher amounts one has to undergo medical exam and depending on the result, a higher premium is fixed or the cover is denied. Unlike medical insurance there is no exclusion clause.

Sridhar Mandyam

Jan 18, 2023, 10:59:07 PM1/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
This is the result of target oriented banking. Branch is given a target of Housing Loan, bank's core business along with a target of secondary business of life insurance policies. To achieve both proper scrutiny would not have done.

Kalyanasundaram Subramaniam

Jan 21, 2023, 2:56:10 AM1/21/23
to bankpensioner