issue:Doc2strings for Mac can't work properly

Xun Che

Apr 30, 2021, 9:05:45 AM4/30/21
to Bandizip for macOS
Doc2strings for Mac can't work properly, how can I solve it?
The screenshot of the program operation is as follows:
Xnip-2021-04-30_21-02-18.png

KH Kim

May 3, 2021, 12:27:34 AM5/3/21
to Xun Che, Bandizip for macOS
Hello, this is Bandisoft.

We use Google Docs to store translations.

If you are in mainland China, it seems to be caused by restricted Google services.

Therefore, to use "doc2strings", you may need to use a bypassable vpn system.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards,

2021년 4월 30일 (금) 오후 10:05, Xun Che <singl...@gmail.com>님이 작성:
Doc2strings for Mac can't work properly, how can I solve it?
The screenshot of the program operation is as follows:
Xnip-2021-04-30_21-02-18.png

Xun Che

May 23, 2021, 10:08:59 PM5/23/21
to Bandizip for macOS
Hi,

What network protocol is used in doc2string to use Google’s services? I used a VPN that based on proxy of socks5, but I still can’t access it.
But I can access Google's services through the browser normally.
Please give me some hints or suggestions.

Thanks.

KH Kim

May 23, 2021, 10:53:42 PM5/23/21
to Xun Che, Bandizip for macOS
Hello, this is Bandisoft.

Can you tell us about the VPN system you are using?

The VPN or proxy plugin used in the browser does not apply to the terminal.

Please send us the message that is displayed when typing the following command in the terminal.

Best regards,

2021년 5월 24일 (월) 오전 11:09, Xun Che <singl...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Xun Che

May 23, 2021, 11:13:26 PM5/23/21
to Bandizip for macOS
Hi,

The VPN system I am using now that is the Shadowsocks local client, not a browser plugin, and configured a proxy server.
When I send the command curl -L "https://drive.google.com" and wait a while, it will return:
curl: (7) Failed to connect to drive.google.com port 443: Operation timed out
Is these information helpful to you?

Thanks.

Xun Che

May 24, 2021, 2:25:11 AM5/24/21
to Bandizip for macOS
Hi,

I have solved this problem. I need to manually set the proxy again on the mac terminal, like bellow:
    export https_proxy="http://127.0.0.1:1080"
then doc2string can be executed normally, and Google services can also be accessed normally.
I have checked my Simplified Chinese translation in Google Docs(Bandizip for macOS ) updated on April 30th, everything looks good.
Can Bandzip  bring the latest Simplified Chinese language pack when the version is updated next time?

Thanks.