My 'dumpall.zip' for dumping all partitions of Nokia 8110

speeduploop

Dec 8, 2018, 9:22:19 PM12/8/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It's quite nice to have dumps of your flash -- in case you kill something you shouldn't...
(this should have been my first zip... but I couldn't wait back then)

If you dump before rooting/bootstrapping then you have a chance to unroot cleanly ;)

As always (with script-zips) first mount /system.
The zip will then dump a bunch of images to /sdcard/dumps (you need about 4GB!)

--> this will take some time - be patient!

dumpall.zip

Menno Wormsbecher

Dec 26, 2018, 9:37:19 PM12/26/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi
thanks for this info

can you please tell me how to "restore " the phone ?
how to make it back to its original state.

i successfully made all dumps

thanks in advance

matvey

Dec 27, 2018, 8:06:30 AM12/27/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Let me ask what is your firmware version? Will dumpall work on version 13?

speeduploop

Dec 27, 2018, 8:58:38 AM12/27/18
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No -- a 'normal' update to v13 will exchange signing keys --> no known way back.

SWong

Jan 10, 2019, 3:40:01 AM1/10/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi speeduploop,
what is the step to restore if I have created the dump folder?

PuriShnit

Jan 10, 2019, 5:26:06 AM1/10/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

@SWong, the dumpall.zip dumps ALL partitions (including userdata), which you shouldn't restore.

You can use the 4bash.zip & bash4zip.sh found in the "how to flashing my phone" thread, by writing in the bash4zip.sh the desired partitions to restore and their path.

SWong

Jan 10, 2019, 8:51:40 AM1/10/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks PuriShnit, that's a bit tricky for me. Let me figure it out.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 11, 2019, 9:35:51 AM1/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi
Speeduploop
is your dumpall.zip work on v13?

speeduploop

Jan 11, 2019, 9:45:06 AM1/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
On stock-v13 --> no...
You would need a v13 with v12-recovery or a patched v13-recovery.
At the moment both things aren't possible if you are already on v13 -- only if you do it while updating...

Ivan

Jan 11, 2019, 9:53:00 AM1/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thank you for the info

speeduploop

Jan 11, 2019, 10:02:38 AM1/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
We REALLY need a way to flash the 8110 'externally'... then we could flash every device with custom-versions.
At the moment you can only keep the test-keys (install v13 without the recovery-part - re-root - update recovery - switch keys back to test-keys).
But we don't have a way back from stock-v13.

PuriShnit

Jan 11, 2019, 10:11:16 AM1/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Infinity CM2 box claim they will soon support 8110 read/write firmware, [from the past experience, I truly trust them :) ]

Although I do have their box, this still doesn't help the public with flashing (may still be helpful for easily publicizing stock & patched partitions). Unless someone can read their protocol and publicize a similar tool.

PuriShnit

Jan 16, 2019, 2:24:29 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

@speeduploop, I would like to modify your dumpall script to do the opposite:
restore any *.img from /sdcard/restore/ and dd to it's partition.

How can I tell the bash to programmatically use any "filename.img" and dd to his same name leaving out the ".img"

Thanks,

speeduploop

Jan 16, 2019, 2:36:38 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
you could use 'basename'...
busybox basename /sdcard/restore/recovery.img .img

wil result in just 'recovery'.
(basename returns the filename without path -- if you give an extension as second parameter this extension will be stripped also)

PuriShnit

Jan 16, 2019, 2:56:37 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

So, I do something like this:

for P in $(ls /sdcard/restore/)
if=/sdcard/restore/$P
of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/$(basename $P .img)

Correct?

speeduploop

Jan 16, 2019, 3:04:15 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes... but double/tripple-check ;)
(some partitions shouldn't be touched unless really, really necessary -- this can get quite dangerous)

PuriShnit

Jan 16, 2019, 4:14:57 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

My intention was to create a restore-partitions.zip, that will take any .img from that folder and restore it. Then it's up to the user to decide which partitions to place there, to have them restored.

However, if you suggest not to offer such a tool, as it might be used wrongly, and then damage the phone, I am thinking of simply stating a list of the possibly required partitions, and the bash should restore them if they're present.

Ivan

Jan 16, 2019, 4:25:16 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi, I had used this tool provided by Luxferre to restore my system to a clean v12, but inside it also has other partitions. I do not know if I made things worse if I had to install a future rom.

I think you know it. Take a look in.

PuriShnit

Jan 16, 2019, 4:32:23 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

If I remember correctly, it has all partitions, but the script only restores the system.img (which is usually the only patched one).

So you haven't damaged anything :)

speeduploop

Jan 16, 2019, 4:35:58 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I thought of such a tool myself... but sometimes I tink that dangerous things shouldn't be too easy... :D
(if you have to create and sign a zip for your flash - then you're forced to think about what you are doing...)

So if you create such a zip - just make clear that it should be handled with care...

Ivan

Jan 16, 2019, 4:38:37 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
ok, but if there are those files there will surely be a reason. Reading the scripts it seems like an overwriting has occurred. The Rom is for the east Europe, I live in the west,
12.00.17.06 firmware version against my 12.00.17.10

speeduploop

Jan 16, 2019, 4:58:44 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
The big differences between the regions/countries aren't on the system-partition... the differences are on the modem/wlan partitions. (frequencies, allowed channels...)
I don't know if there are any real different system-partitions. The version numbering is for the firmware as a whole.
(I think I also used a eastern-european system-image to clear before I updated to a pre-downloaded v13.00.17.01 --> western-european/german)

Pavel Melnik

Jan 16, 2019, 4:58:59 PM1/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
New recovery from Luxferre with adbd makes update and recover easy. I don't need update.zip, wrtiting, signing...

С уважением, Павел.

Luxferre

Jan 17, 2019, 2:32:40 AM1/17/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Oh, I forgot to announce it here, yep. Some alpha testing was announced on 4PDA but here it is: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/3ojAfcF6J2jQrRg/download

Ivan

Jan 18, 2019, 1:28:22 PM1/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hi, how i must use this?

speeduploop

Jan 18, 2019, 1:33:19 PM1/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It's like a custom-recovery... flash it to your recovery-partition.
Then you have adb-root in recovery -- meaning that you can do nearly everything over adb.
(flashing / dumping images -- repairing your system and more)

Ivan

Jan 18, 2019, 1:38:21 PM1/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
uhm...interesting!
but can i using it to update my personal Rom then? or have i to have a clean v12?

speeduploop

Jan 18, 2019, 1:50:55 PM1/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
for an update of your v12 to v13 you need a clean v12-image plus fota-zip or dumps of the v13-partitions (only those which changed between v12 and v13)
--> some of the changed partitions might be related to your region - so be carefull.

But yes: you can use adb in recovery to manually flash images to phone's partitions -- so as long as the recovery isn't changed you can repair nearly everything.
(even if you accidently wiped your phone - if the recovery is in place you could re-flash the system)

Ivan

Jan 18, 2019, 2:07:09 PM1/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
ok, thank you :)

speeduploop

Jan 18, 2019, 3:46:58 PM1/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I could give you the images for the v12/v13 with '.01' at the end (western-europe -- dual-sim)
(my system-image could work on your's - not sure about the rest)

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 8:07:09 PM UTC+1, Ivan wrote:
ok, thank you :)

Ivan

Jan 18, 2019, 3:51:06 PM1/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
are you talking about the system.img of a v13? If I flash my phone with it I could upgrade directely?

speeduploop

Jan 18, 2019, 4:19:41 PM1/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes - if you can get the v13-images for your device/region (I think you only need 4-5 of the whole - the rest didn't change from v12) and flash them with a zip or manually with a custom-recovery everything should work.
(but this update had images for cellular/wlan - so you really need the right ones for your device/region)

Subhajit Seth

Feb 6, 2019, 11:58:34 AM2/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
sir your name speeduploop..... ummm in JB its speeeuploop