Request for advice on buying binocular or Telescope for a beginner

Prasad L S

Nov 18, 2021, 2:26:51 AM11/18/21
to b-...@googlegroups.com
I am recent member and I am interested in sky gazing and learning more about astronomy.

Requested the learned group to advise me on whether to go for binoculars or a telescope as a beginner.

Please share the specifications ,make and model . I am looking at a budget of around 10K

Please also suggest reading material (Books,Internet site details ) for learning more about astronomy as a beginner.  I am Electrical Engineer by profession and run a business of Batteries,Chargers,UPS etc., for large Industrial applications

Thanks for the support.

Best Regards

L.S.Prasad

dharvish dharvish

Nov 18, 2021, 5:18:27 AM11/18/21
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
When I started star gazing I purchased a binocular. It is very easy to identify clusters and constellations through a binocular due to the wide view. I'm using  Celestron 71018 20x80 Skymaster Binocular. I have been using it for the past 1.5 years. I'm selling mine and planning to get a telescope. if you are getting a binocular, then let me know. I can probably sell it to you. it's good as new. stay safe.

Regards
Dharvish pk