BAS Event : Star Party February 2023

Vishwanath S K

Jan 31, 2023, 11:16:03 PM1/31/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hi All,

We are back with the third installment of Star Party/gazing event this winter season, on behalf of BAS Volunteers.
Glad to announce the commencement of registrations for BAS Star Party of February 2023, on the new moon weekend of February 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st 2023, under the pristine dark skies of Coorg.

Registrations are open and we have limited capacity at the venue, so hurry up and book a slot soon.
Upon registration, you can start to prepare for the trip - reading about astronomy, preparing to packaging your gear, spending time with Stellarium (or star charts) and understanding constellations in the night sky, preparing observation lists and/or targets to shoot (if you are into AP) etc.
3-4 days before the actual travel, we will share exact location, route maps, to assist you in travel.

Please watch out for carpooling options too. You will be added to a smaller Telegram group for coordination (temporary), in which you discuss further details.
Please do read the instructions in full, as the some guidelines might change. And also to understand the facilities and options available.
Please complete the registration only if you are 100% confirmed of going.

The link to register is here.

https://forms.gle/5YTQLPYn3HYLe71y6

This link, should have all the required details.

See you at the star party.

Vishwaas Hegde

Feb 1, 2023, 8:47:36 AM2/1/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vishwanath,
The link to register is not working for me.
Kindly check

Regards,
Vishwaas

--
News - http://www.bas.org.in/
Events - http://www.bas.org.in/Home/events_calendar

Vishwanath S K

Feb 1, 2023, 8:51:44 AM2/1/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hi,
It seems working fine for me, I see many have registered as well.
Try the full URL, if you still face issues, let me know.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkvGWStgEPq74Yv50JNZ302AbOb3bP-bLlZHzzQDJZLwtHWg/viewform

Regards,
Vishwanath S K

JANARDHAN JUVVIGUNTA

Feb 3, 2023, 1:26:44 AM2/3/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vishwanath S K
I am happy to hear about the Star Party, Can I have a phone conversation before confirming my participation?

--

With Regards

Dr J. JANARDHAN

                MJMC, PhD.
Assistant Professor
Digital Filmmaking
Jain (Deemed-to-be) University
Bangalore, Jayanagar, 9th Block
Karnataka

Mobile: +91-7382356321

Rishi Kothari

Feb 3, 2023, 1:26:53 AM2/3/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
@Viswanath …can we talk 9243120000

--

Thanks and Regards,

CA Rishi Kothari

Mobile No +91 92431 20000

Vishwanath S K

Feb 3, 2023, 4:14:05 AM2/3/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
I have sent you my contact number to both of you over email.

Poojashetty06 Shetty

Feb 3, 2023, 1:34:52 PM2/3/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Sure thank you

Vishwaas Hegde

Feb 3, 2023, 1:34:53 PM2/3/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. But I don't think I'll be able to join this time. Thanks again

Regards,
Vishwaas N

--
vishwaas

Sourabh Shreedhar

Feb 7, 2023, 8:00:54 AM2/7/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have registered for the star party on 20th February along with my friend. But I'm not able to join the Telegram group with the link you provided. Please send me the link to join the group. Thanks

Vishwanath S K

Feb 7, 2023, 8:02:01 AM2/7/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Hi Sourabh,

I have messaged you on WhatsApp, with the Telegram group link.

Sri Kanth

Feb 7, 2023, 11:20:58 AM2/7/23
to b-...@googlegroups.com
hi Sir,

Thank you for the notification ,

I would be interested barring a few more details as I am considering this trip for my family. To give a bit of background, we are a family of 4 including myself, my wife, my daughter (Aged 10 years) and my son (aged 5 Years).
However, we need to know more about the accommodations as we are travelling for the first time in such large groups  with an adolescent kid, and it might be inconvenient for other group members.
Additionally we are open to pay higher tariff for a private room  (not necessarily in the location but somewhere nearby also works fine for us, if such alternative is available)

hope to hear from you soon

kind regards
Srikanth S
9880722667

Vishwanath S K

Feb 8, 2023, 9:52:45 AM2/8/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
I have replied to you on your email.
Please get back to in, if you have any more questions.

Sri Kanth

Feb 12, 2023, 10:22:26 PM2/12/23
to Bangalore Astronomical Society
Thank you for taking time out and responding to my queries, i will skip this iteration however will look forward for such events in the future.
Thanks again for putting this together.

with
best regards
Srikanth S