Looking for ancestors from Faia

Guillaume Williams

Jul 10, 2022, 2:16:22 PM7/10/22
to Azores Genealogy
-Hi, I'm not of the proper spelling of the last name I'm looking for as it came from French and Spanish records in Louisiana.

My ancestor was Juan Grasey De Mel. Grasey has also been spelled Grassie and Garcia. I'm hoping the De Mel might help out with that. He was from Faia. He was born in 1756. His father was Joseph Grasey and his mother was Josepha Maria Vuiedos. Juan was married in the diocese of West Baton Rouge, Louisiana on 4 SEP 1785 to a nice Acadian gal named Marie Francoise Courtain.

If anyone can help find the correct spelling of the surname that would be great and if anyone knows what parish he may have belonged to in 1756 that would awesome. Thank you.

Guillaume Williams

JesseAndDeborah Mendonca

Jul 10, 2022, 3:33:23 PM7/10/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Those are amazing dates for being in Louisiana!
Debbie

rita bettencourt

Jul 10, 2022, 4:45:42 PM7/10/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hello. My English is not very good, but I found this. Are these the people you are looking for? I only see this information about the wedding, but I have not found anything else.
Rita Bettencourt

--
Screenshot_2022-07-10-20-23-16-053_air.com.myheritage.mobile.jpg

rita bettencourt

Jul 10, 2022, 4:45:48 PM7/10/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
I forgot this one
IMG_20220710_201955.jpg

Guillaume Williams

Jul 10, 2022, 5:10:20 PM7/10/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, those are my ancestors.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/azores/CABHQ3QwYF%3Dre%2BdL-CcuURo_kTCBN5wU5jqfHR-KqDA3a9V1T9A%40mail.gmail.com.

--
The Rev.  Guillaume J. S. Williams, Sr.
Hope Lutheran Chapel

Maria Silveira

Jul 11, 2022, 12:02:04 AM7/11/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I too have found this name spelled differently on some of my DNA matches family trees on Ancestry.  I saw Grassie and then it was changed to Grascia for the next ancestor.  Another DNA match had the spelling Gracia.  I had never heard this surname before but these might be some of my relatives as well.
Maria