Topo Marriage

Marilyn Thompson

May 16, 2019, 7:26:43 PM5/16/19
to Cheri Mello
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SJR-CH-TOPO-C-1756-1795/SJR-CH-TOPO-C-1756-1795_item1/P132.html    top left

I used the SJ marriage index to find this marriage. It is for Antonio Jose Machado and Maria Silveira. Is there any parent information so that I can be sure it is the right couple? It is the right time frame for the couple I am seeking.

Thank you
Marilyn Thompson

Cheri Mello

May 16, 2019, 7:32:13 PM5/16/19
to Azores Genealogy
It's listing the previous spouses. I think it says he's a widower of Maria de S.Jose. Then for the bride, I see she was the widow of Mateus N..something. It's abbreviated. I'll look again later if no one gets it by then.

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Rosemarie Capodicci

May 16, 2019, 8:02:02 PM5/16/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Marilyn,
There is a marriage for a Mateus Nunes de Matos to a Maria Silveira in Topo, 29 Jul 1787, Image #127. Look and see if Mateus dies between 1787 her next marriage.

Rosemarie
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily

Lisa S

May 17, 2019, 12:22:31 AM5/17/19
to Azores Genealogy
To me it looks like the bride is the widow of Mateus Nunes.