Documents Detailing Portuguese Inquisition are Coming Online

Cheri Mello

Jul 22, 2022, 10:50:09 AM7/22/22
to Azores Genealogy, madeira-...@googlegroups.com
(Cross posted to Azores and Madeira lists)

Dick Eastman wrote about documents from the Portuguese Inquisition that are going to be coming online. They are mainly from Lisbon and one other place on the mainland. For those interested, you can read more about it here:

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

River Oliveira

Aug 13, 2022, 10:51:11 AM8/13/22
to Azores Genealogy
Hi Cheri!

Do you happen to know how people could access/read these documents?

Thank you for posting this!

Cheri Mello

Aug 13, 2022, 10:57:23 AM8/13/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Dick Eastman's article referred to the main article, from which he pulled his blurb. That main article that Dick referenced said that those records will be coming to a website in Israel. The URL was provided.

They will not follow a format. They will be written narratives. So you'll need to be fluent in Portuguese or you'll need to hire a translator if you are not.

Good luck,
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

River Oliveira

Aug 13, 2022, 11:11:17 AM8/13/22
to Azores Genealogy
Ah I see! Apologies, I missed the URL - must have been tired. Thank you!