Rosario Marriage Record

David Furtado

Aug 30, 2022, 12:10:08 PM8/30/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

any help on this marriage document would be much appreciated
Matthias da Silva and Antonia da Silva

May ___ 1756

Matthias father name ? and mother Beatriz da Silva from Sao Jose Ponta Delgada

Antonia's father Pedro ?  and mother Catherina da Silva from Rosario

Thank you

Dave

Cheri Mello

Aug 30, 2022, 12:59:31 PM8/30/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
treze - 13 (because of the "ze" on the end).

Between the bleedthrough, wash, and the watermark, it's hard to get the groom's dad. My guess is Francisco de Souza Silva, deceased. It's a wild guess on Francisco and the name appears to be shorter name than Francisco. I'm about 10% sure his given name is Francisco.

Bride's dad: Pedro Alvares (Alvres). I'm about 80% sure on that.

Definitely need more eyes on this one!
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

David Furtado

Aug 30, 2022, 2:07:30 PM8/30/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Cheri,

I actually found Antonia's birth record
father is Pedro Alvares

Cheri Mello

Aug 30, 2022, 2:27:26 PM8/30/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
OK, I was 80% on her dad. It's the groom's dad that I'm really iffy about.

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

JR

Aug 30, 2022, 3:35:52 PM8/30/22
to Azores Genealogy
This is what I see:

JR
----------------------------
page 54 verso, Rosario da Lagoa, 13-03-1756
Em os treze dias do mez de Marco, 1756, [casou,]
Matheus da Silva, filho de Manoel de Souza Sylva, ja defunto and Beatris da Sylva, baptizado na parochial de Sam Joze de Ponta Delgada com Antonia da Sylva, filha de Pedro Alvres and Catherina da Sylva, ja defuntos, baptizada, NS do Rozario da Lagoa.

David Furtado

Aug 30, 2022, 3:39:01 PM8/30/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Cheri Mello

Aug 30, 2022, 3:43:26 PM8/30/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, now that JR sees the groom's dad, I can see it too. Manoel.

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

David Furtado

Aug 30, 2022, 3:50:06 PM8/30/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com