Translation for Marriage Record

Melissa Rego

Sep 6, 2022, 9:58:52 PM9/6/22
to Azores Genealogy
Hello,

I was hoping someone could help translate this marriage record from February 12 1896. I tried to do this myself with the assistance of a Portuguese-speaking family member but it was not successful. Is this something the group provides help with?

I am particularly interested in names, dates, birthplace, and living or deceased status for the parents of Jose do Rego and Maria Julia. Also, the ages of Jose do Rego and Maria Julia at this time. Or perhaps other family members if listed. Please see link to this document linked below and attached.

Thank you very much in advance for any kind assistance! - Melissa
Jose do Rego and Maria Julia.jpg

Cheri Mello

Sep 6, 2022, 10:06:18 PM9/6/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
That marriage is in the 3rd time period and they follow a format. You can find a template for the format on the Azores GenWeb here:

The groom is 23, he and his parents are from that freguesia, he's the son of Manuel do Rego and Margarida de Jesus.
The bride is 21, she and her parents are from that freguesia, she's the daughter of Jose Leandro de Faria and Escholastica da Estrella (Escolastica today I think...believe someone else's spelling over mine).

None of the parents are noted as deceased.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Melissa Rego

Sep 6, 2022, 10:48:48 PM9/6/22
to Azores Genealogy
That's great - thank you so much! My family is able to read Portuguese but apparently cursive is the problem.

Would it be possible to gather the same information (ages, names of parents, nativity) for this 3rd-period record?  Luis Pacheco Moreira and Maria dos Anjos (5 May 1898).

JR

Sep 7, 2022, 7:49:52 AM9/7/22
to Azores Genealogy

Melissa Rego

Sep 7, 2022, 11:24:46 AM9/7/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Oh wow that’s great! Thank you for your kind help.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/azores/cd90bfcd-33fa-4a99-840f-6f7bac427ac3n%40googlegroups.com.