Santa Maria, Vila do Porto, Sidenote help

Sam (Camas, WA)

Dec 9, 2019, 5:32:04 PM12/9/19
to genealogy

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SAOPEDRO-B-1900-1906/SMA-VP-SAOPEDRO-B-1900-1906_item1/P103.html

Bottom right, #27, Manoel.  I can read the document and I think I have the 1st sidenote as Manoel marring Maria Luisa Soares Betancourt on 31 October 1937.  I can also read the very clear 3rd note of Manoel death on 6 March 1973 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  It is note number 2 that I can’t decipher.  I think it says something happened on the twenty something of November of 1953.  Is that his immigration date?  Can anyone make out what note #2 is saying?

Thanks for your help,

Side note Sam

Sam (Mazatlán, MX)

Ângela Loura

Dec 9, 2019, 7:20:16 PM12/9/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

I'm assuming nº 2 is a divorce. I can't understand the first word, but the followings are «(...) de pessoas e bens por sentença de 24 de Novembro de 1953 por sentença do tribunal desta Comarca.»

Ângela Loura

Dec 9, 2019, 7:20:21 PM12/9/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Maybe 'Separado' de pessoas e bens...

Cheri Mello

Dec 9, 2019, 7:23:46 PM12/9/19
to Azores Genealogy
Wow, I've never seen a divorce before!
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

JesseAndDeborah Mendonca

Dec 10, 2019, 12:27:17 PM12/10/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
cessando  Ceasing

Sam, thank you so much for helping me this week.   I tried and only found cessando.   I am so glad you had better help for this side note.

Debbie

Sam (Camas, WA)

Dec 10, 2019, 1:31:00 PM12/10/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

You are most welcome Debbie but; that thank you might need to go elsewhere.  I remember translating, to the best of my ability, a side note for you but; don’t remember translating the word cessando.  Not that my memory is all that great! LOL!

Either way, you’re welcome,

Sam (Mazatlán, MX)

JesseAndDeborah Mendonca

Dec 10, 2019, 2:52:09 PM12/10/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Cessando was the ONLY WORD ON YOUR SIDENOTE 2 that I was able to translate.   Everyone else got more words and didn’t see the one I got.  But cease applies to the divorce I think.  :o)

Debbie

Sam (Camas, WA)

Dec 10, 2019, 7:01:30 PM12/10/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Ah, I understand now!  Thanks!

Debbie Gurtler

Dec 10, 2019, 9:08:33 PM12/10/19
to Azores Genealogy
The second note states that the marriage was dissolved on the death of the husband. On 10 November 1977 he died in the parish of Sao Pedro. I have seen this on notes in other Portuguese parishes.