Can't read this Altares Marriage record

doreen...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2019, 11:38:09 AM6/20/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

This is what I know about this record:

It is the marriage record for Francisco Marques dos Santos and Francisca Ignacia.

They were married in 1763 in Altares.

It is the record at the top of the left side of the page.

What I would like to find is the parents’ names. Any ideas?

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-C-1713-1763/TER-AH-ALTARES-C-1713-1763_item1/P189.htm

Here is Francisca’s death record on the top of the left side of the page: http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-O-1781-1796/TER-AH-ALTARES-O-1781-1796_item1/P13.html

I know they had two children: Maria Joaquina (About 1749 – 2/22/1851) and Miguel Marques dos Santos(- 2/2/1782). I have their death records

I know that Francisco Marques dos Santos was married to Apolonia da Trindade on 1/2/1784 in Altares,

Here’s that marriage record. http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-C-1763-1787/TER-AH-ALTARES-C-1763-1787_item1/P93.html

Thanks, Doreen Caetano

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cheri Mello

Jun 20, 2019, 11:47:25 AM6/20/19
to Azores Genealogy
Your first link isn't working.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Margaret Vicente

Jun 20, 2019, 11:57:07 AM6/20/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Doreen,

You will find it as Antonio dos Santos Marques, left side.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-C-1713-1763/TER-AH-ALTARES-C-1713-1763_item1/P83.html

There’s an index available on line for the marriages for Terceira island but, I can’t find the link, perhaps someone here can help with that.  It will make it so much easier for you.

I think you may be able to get it through the Tombo site.

Mv

doreen...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2019, 11:57:31 AM6/20/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-C-1713-1763/TER-AH-ALTARES-C-1713-1763_item1/P189.html

Sorry. It was missing the l at the end of the address. The above link is been corrected. Thanks

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cheri Mello

Jun 20, 2019, 12:04:57 PM6/20/19
to Azores Genealogy
Well, since it's a damaged record, it looks like you'll have to call that as an End of Line ancestor, at least for now. Maybe as you do the whole/cluster family research, you'll hit a sibling who does not have a damaged record.

The Terceira Marriage Index has been down since at least January, possibly very late December. I emailed them again this week and told them I'm bringing 50 researchers to Salt Lake and asked again if they had any idea of when it would be back up. I was told a story that the library had just moved and this made the database disappear. Ummm, I was there last summer. That was a brand new building then. And they just moved again? What does that have to do with the database disappearing in January? Sounds like they are feeding me a line. However, this time, he said he was letting some power-that-be know. All I can do is hope that the index is there when we go to Salt Lake.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

doreen...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2019, 12:17:02 PM6/20/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

My link is for Francisco Marques dos Santos. I already had Antonio in the database. I do not know how or if they connect. I have the Terceira Marriage Index downloaded to my computer and that is how I know the information I already know and just a random search for related records gave me the death records. I guess that is my only solution to keep randomly search through the time period for more records. Thank you for your help. Doreen

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Margaret Vicente

Jun 20, 2019, 1:02:31 PM6/20/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Ok, I thought you were looking for the grooms parents.  In any case this page gives you the name of the bride’s father…right at the top you will note Joao Mzi [Miz] Gil, “Joao Martins Gil” this should be enough for you to find her baptism record.

Cheers,

doreen...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2019, 6:04:47 PM6/20/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Ok. I might be confused. I sent a link for Francisco Marques dos Santos and Francisca Ignacia marriage. The records is very hard to read and is damaged.

You sent me a link for Antonio Marques dos Santos and Clara Maria marriage. Are you saying that Antonio and Clara are the parents of Francisco? Because at this point have nothing that connects Francisco to Antonio. I can not read the marriage record of Francisco. What do you have that links these two? Also I see Joao Martins Gil but it is at the top of the page. Shouldn’t there be the date, witnesses etc. Wait I see what you did. It is on the previous page. I feel so dumb. Too closely focus on one thing to see the whole thing. Thanks you so much. Doreen

Margaret Vicente

Jun 20, 2019, 6:12:10 PM6/20/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Doreen, you are looking at page two of Francisco’s marriage, if you go back one image from 189 to image number 188 you will see it.  Yes, according to this marriage link you sent Antonio dos Santos Marques is the father.

Sent from my iPhone

Margaret Vicente

Jun 20, 2019, 6:14:08 PM6/20/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
I see you got it.  It worked out.

Take care

Sent from my iPhone

doreen...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2019, 6:15:32 PM6/20/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Yes I see that now but only after I started type and checking what I was saying then I realized that there had to be more on the previous page. I would have never figured it out without that swift kick from you in the right direction. Thank you