help with Altares Baptism

doreen...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2019, 1:40:45 PM6/12/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Getting started again researching. I’m having difficulty with this baptism record for Bento on the bottom of the left side of the page.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838_item1/P5.html

It mentions another village for one of the parents and I can not make out the godparents’ information. Seems like I’m very rusty. Thank you for your help. Doreen Cadetano

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cheri Mello

Jun 12, 2019, 1:58:08 PM6/12/19
to Azores Genealogy
The father is Sao Roque. The mother is Doze Ribeiras. You can use the maps on the Azores Genweb to find a word shape that looks similar to what you are seeing in the document. http://www.worldgenweb.org/azrwgw/maps-churches-and-villages/

Godparents look like Antonio Jose e Maria da Something Rosa, children of Francisco Jose da Scribble Scrabble and of his wife, Ginor (??) dos Anjos.

More help please!
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Rosemarie Capodicci

Jun 12, 2019, 2:06:30 PM6/12/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Godparents: Antonio Jose and Maria da Santa Rosa, I think children of  Francisco Jose da something or da... and I think you are right, Gimor dos Anjos.
Rosemarie
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 10:40 AM <doreen...@gmail.com> wrote:

doreen...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2019, 2:26:54 PM6/12/19
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Thank you. Its Francisco Jose Xavier and Guiomar dos Anjos my 3rd Great Grandparents. I will bookmark the link. I was confused because it mentioned Sao Jorge so I thought not Terceira.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10