Help with section on birth record

Melissa Rego

Sep 5, 2022, 4:03:56 PM9/5/22
to Azores Genealogy
May anyone kindly help with this section of my Grandfathers birth certificate and what is being articulated? Are these ALL names of godparents? If anything, help with the underlined red words. Thank you very much in advance!

br.PNG

Cheri Mello

Sep 5, 2022, 4:07:08 PM9/5/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
That paragraph is about the godparents. The godfather is a widower. I can't get the word for the godmother. Yes, those are all the godparents. Both of them.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 1:03 PM Melissa Rego <melissa.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
May anyone kindly help with this section of my Grandfathers birth certificate and what is being articulated? Are these ALL names of godparents? If anything, help with the underlined red words. Thank you very much in advance!

br.PNG

Melissa Rego

Sep 5, 2022, 4:21:50 PM9/5/22
to Azores Genealogy
Thank you for confirming! Do you know what the first red underlined word translates to?

Cheri Mello

Sep 5, 2022, 4:22:38 PM9/5/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Widower

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Melissa Rego

Sep 5, 2022, 7:08:37 PM9/5/22
to Azores Genealogy

Thank you! Is there anyone that can help with the full translation of this section?

Cheri Mello

Sep 5, 2022, 7:29:09 PM9/5/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Antonio Julio Senra de Brum, widower,
proprietor, and Maria Esperanca
Fraga Brum, single, something, domes-
tic, both living native of fre-
guesia ...

The rest is blah blah blah and I can't directly translate it. It's just saying that they are declaring the birth to be true and it's number 162 received today at this conservatory.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Melissa Rego

Sep 5, 2022, 7:34:15 PM9/5/22
to Azores Genealogy
Got it. Thanks so much Cheri! Curious - are godparents often directly related in Azores? Basically, can I assume that these people listed would be relatives? Thanks!

Cheri Mello

Sep 5, 2022, 7:35:19 PM9/5/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
No, you can't assume that. Sometimes they are related and it's stated, other times, they are not related.

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Gonçalo Marques

Sep 6, 2022, 2:04:19 AM9/6/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com

The second underlined word is "maior", meaning she is an adult.

Cheers
Gonçalo

Melissa Rego

Sep 6, 2022, 10:40:53 AM9/6/22