Garnock Connections: How To Be A Local Historian workshop

Harriet DigVentures

Dec 3, 2020, 10:18:34 AM12/3/20
to Ayrshire History
Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind me posting here, but I think this might be of interest to some of you.

My name is Harriet and I work as a community archaeologist for DigVentures. I'm currently working on a project called Garnock Connections, which hopes to bring the community together to celebrate the rich natural and cultural heritage of the Garnock Valley area in North Ayrshire. The Garnock Valley begins in Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park in the north and runs south to the Three Towns area of Ardrossan, Saltcoats and Stevenston.

My role is to help the community investigate the cultural and built heritage of the region, ultimately producing at least one 'heritage trail' that can be uploaded to the Places That We Know app for anyone to enjoy.

To create the trail, we need to identify heritage sites in the region, gather information, curate the information and, pandemic permitting, survey some of the sites, and this is where we need your help! If you are local to North Ayrshire, we'd love to welcome you to the project and help you develop some of these key skills.

The first workshop is running online next week. You can find out more about the event here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/how-to-be-a-local-historian-and-create-your-own-heritage-trail-tickets-129862376865

I hope to see some of you there!

All the best,

Harriet

JOHN COLEMAN

Dec 4, 2020, 4:48:17 AM12/4/20
to ayrshir...@googlegroups.com
Monkcastle and Bessie Dunlop and history ,come and talk.

JOHN COLEMAN

JOHN COLEMAN

Dec 27, 2020, 5:09:45 AM12/27/20
to ayrshir...@googlegroups.com
Harriet came on this.Not had any diggers

Monk Castle listed ruin via the Abbey.One other noted.
Welcome anytime.

John Coleman   01284 832300