Re: [Ayrshire History] Digest for ayrshirehistory@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Sheena Harling

Nov 9, 2020, 3:50:59 AM11/9/20
to ayrshir...@googlegroups.com
Sandy,
get in touch with Carnegie Library, Ayr, who have books of Monumental Inscriptions for most cemeteries/graveyards in Ayrshire.
I have Dunlop ancestors but mainly from  the Irvine area.
Sheena

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 at 04:40, <ayrshir...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Sandy Cuff <sandy...@gmail.com>: Nov 07 06:52PM -0800

Hi All

Looking for Dunlops in Ayrshire. Also any information about
Thynefield/Thymefield Villa. Have an ancestor Hugh Dunlop who owned
Prestwick Toll. Thought it was a standard type toll with hotel/taven.
Have since discovered its an entire area with multiple houses etc. Can
anybody advise or elaborate further for me please.

Sorry about this just thought of something else. Any ideas on how to gain
access to the church records for old St Nicholas church as that appears to
be my family church yard.

Sandy
Ellie May <emh...@btinternet.com>: Nov 07 08:23AM -0800

Hello,

I came across the group from google so please delete this message if not
appropriate. I am hoping to find out more information about a bar in
south-ayr called Harleys? I want to know when it was created, general
history and if anyone notable has played there.

Could anyone help me or tell me a good way of going about this?

Thanks and kind regards,
Ellie.

Sheena

Deborah Rea

Nov 9, 2020, 7:41:10 AM11/9/20
to ayrshir...@googlegroups.com

Debbie Rea

Sandy Cuff

Nov 9, 2020, 7:41:25 AM11/9/20
to ayrshir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sheena

Thank you for that will try them,  If you come across any thing please dont hesitate to get in touch.

Sandy

Ps my daughters name is Sine.