template failed on running

Suchi Bhargav

Nov 10, 2022, 2:33:12 AM11/10/22
to AWX Project
Hey,

I have configued my awx and created playbook in var/lib/awx/projects/playbooks directory inside awx container.
As per I know, I have to mentioned hosts of inventory in awx ui only which i have done  but my job is failing and not even showing failed reason. Also like we do in ansible cmd we mentioned in inventory file about host names (ip) ssh password .
In awx where this information has to mentioned for each individual host ??
I even mentioned all host inside awx container home/etc/ansible/hosts but still not worked.
can anyone please tell me where i am going wrong?
I am attaching pic for your reference.

Thanks
Suchi
Screenshot from 2022-11-10 12-54-07.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-10 12-52-32.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-10 12-52-05.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-10 12-52-24.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-10 12-52-21.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-10 12-51-55.png

AWX Project

Nov 11, 2022, 1:16:32 PM11/11/22
to AWX Project
Hello,
Thank you for providing screenshots of the issue you are encountering. If you reload the job output page, does anything change for you? Please let us know if that does provide the output you're looking for.

-AWX Team

Suchi Bhargav

Nov 15, 2022, 12:01:35 PM11/15/22
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Thanks for replying but still it is not working. When i run ping command in one of the host (a container ), i am getting below error and when i use template to run , its output is not showing only failed is showing .
how to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Suchi
image.png

AWX Project

Nov 18, 2022, 1:48:59 PM11/18/22
to AWX Project
Hello,
Thank you for providing this additional information. Would you be able to provide us with the playbook that you are running? That will better enable us to identify what is occurring here.

In the output you provided it looks like it's trying to reach out to host 172.17.0.2, but we don't see that in the inventory anywhere. Could you please let us know where that host is coming from?

-AWX Team

Suchi Bhargav

Nov 19, 2022, 6:20:22 AM11/19/22
to AWX Project
Hey,

As per you said , i am attaching inventory , hosts, playbook pic for your reference. Inventory and host i have done in AWX-UI and playbook is created inside container of ansible awx:1
I have used https://www.linuxtechi.com/install-ansible-awx-on-ubuntu/ this link for installation in kali linux .

Thank You
Suchi
Screenshot_2022-11-19_16_43_00.png