Use ephemeral storage for Postgres & Redis

Rod Oliver

Nov 15, 2022, 8:14:23 AM11/15/22
to AWX Project
My team creates a lot of AWX instances in test environments where the requirement for persistence is absent. The test instances are automatically provisioned and testing is performed and. Using persistent volumes slows down instance provisioning (PV provisioning is rather slow in our environment) and relatively expensive (we are consistently banging against our quota for persistent volume mounts). Is it possible to provision the Postgres and Redis to use ephemeral storage?

Rod

AWX Project

Nov 16, 2022, 3:00:58 PM11/16/22
to AWX Project
We used to only do empty dir in older versions but we moved away because as soon as the containers go down the DB is gone. But that sounds like what you want. In the postgres.yml.j2 file on line 111 we would have to add a conditional to allow for non-PVC. PRs welcome or feel free to open an issue in the awx-operator repository.

-The AWX Team

Rod Oliver

Nov 19, 2022, 12:00:46 AM11/19/22
to awx-p...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. Where do I find the file "postgres.yml.j2", to which you refer?