Set Crossbar.io to log raw WAMP messages

Jayson Clifford

Aug 11, 2014, 2:27:40 PM8/11/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Before moving to Crossbar, I was able to pass debugWamp=True to the WampServerFactory and get a log of WAMP messages in/out of server.  I'm having trouble figuring out if I can get that same functionality out of Crossbar.  Passing --debug at the command line didn't seem to add any output beyond what was already there, and looking at the config.json documentation, I see that while the WAMP Long Poll transport appears to have its own debug option, the WebSocket transport doesn't.  Is there a way to regain this level of raw output while still using Crossbar?

Tobias Oberstein

Aug 12, 2014, 4:59:34 AM8/12/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jayson,

for now, you can set

"debug": true

on the WebSocket transport, like

"transports": [
{
"type": "web",
"endpoint": {
"type": "tcp",
"port": 8080
},
"paths": {
"/": {
"type": "static",
"directory": "../hello/web"
},
"ws": {
"type": "websocket",
"debug": true
}
}
}
]

It'll produce tons of log output including WAMP messages.

This is undocumented currently since it likely will change. We need to
define a sane and systematic way of setting "debug on" for different
subsystems of Crossbar and for different amounts of detail.

Cheers,
/Tobias