Crossbar.io Website: new landing page

Tobias Oberstein

Aug 29, 2014, 9:41:31 AM8/29/14
to cross...@googlegroups.com, autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

we've redesigned the Crossbar.io landing page on the Web site completely:

http://crossbar.io/

The hope is, that this is now giving first time visitors a better intro
to Crossbar.io.

I'd be very interested in your opinions: did we do a better job this time?

Ah, and the complete Web site is now also on GitHub:

https://github.com/crossbario/crossbarwww

Cheers,
/Tobias

Greg Fausak

Aug 29, 2014, 9:56:37 AM8/29/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com, cross...@googlegroups.com
I like it a lot.  Especially the code example tabs, it is neat to see polyglot in an apples/apples comparison.

-g

Roger Erens

Aug 29, 2014, 5:33:45 PM8/29/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com, cross...@googlegroups.com
I like it, too.

I wanted to fix a typo (the link to Read about WAMP should be http://wamp.ws/why, not https://wamp.ws/why) but I could not find the source file for it on GitHub, neither in the master branch nor the currently-deployed branch. Is it somehow generated? It's totally invisible to me, also on the wiki...

Tobias Oberstein

Aug 29, 2014, 6:06:53 PM8/29/14
Am 29.08.2014 23:33, schrieb Roger Erens:
> I like it, too.

Puh, I'm glad we did improve! Thanks for feedback - also to Greg!

> I wanted to fix a typo (the link to Read about WAMP should be
> http://wamp.ws/why, not https://wamp.ws/why) but I could not find the

Uups. Good catch ..

https://github.com/crossbario/crossbarwww/blob/master/website/crossbario/templates/index.html#L266

> currently-deployed branch. Is it somehow generated? It's totally
> invisible to me, also on the wiki...

Essentially, the Web site is the landing page:

index.html (above file)

which derives of layout_t.html (this is Flask).

Everything else is attic (need to remove).

And the rest is autogenerated from the Wiki repo.

If you want to know how it works, it's all in here

https://github.com/crossbario/crossbarwww/blob/master/website/crossbario/__init__.py

Don't look too close .. it's not cleaned up;)